View Single Post
      09-23-2021, 02:51 AM   #156
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Jordan did say that the only NBA player that could take him one and one would be Kobe.

"Because the kid stole all my moves!" - MJ.

That's about a high of an accolade as one could ever receive. Lebron is a generational talent. His court vision, his size, speed and strength are definitely incredible. He's also a good GM lol. But somethings missing.

Jordan and Kobe have story after story after story of just sheer dominance and determination and grit. I love all the Kobe stories and Jordan stories that people share. My god, I wouldn't even know where to begin and there's so many good one.

One of my personal favorite Kobe stories is Iman Shumpert. The day he realized just how good Kobe was. He tells the story better than I ever could so I'm going to just go ahead and post the short clip.

Edit - also the DeMar Rosen story where Vince Carter told him "man, you can't wear his (Kobe's) shoes when you're guarding him!!" And how young DeMar fucked up by switching to Jordan's the next time he played Kobe and how Kobe took that, lol.

I remember all those stories! TBH, Kobe's death really hit me hard and still gets me to this day. It has a lot to do with being raised a Lakers fan and living in Socal for most of my life. Everyday I live by the Mamba Mentality. One of my favs was when Matt Barnes was trying to inbound the ball. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. That was fierce!

Curious, who do you think will be the next great? I'm really loving Jamal Murry, Donovan Mitchell, and Jayson Tatum right now.
Appreciate 0