Thread: Psychologists
View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 08:52 AM   #10
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I will be more thoughtful but also echo concerns re. marriage counseling. We used one and so did my sister in law and both were women who really focused on making sure the woman was happy. I am not talking about choosing sides but it was clear that the theme was "happy wife, happy life".

I have touched on this before but there is this cultural issue at play here where women can throw their toys out the pram and get what they want basically because the man is tired of all the conflict and just wants some fucking peace.

I also found they struggled to identify the true underlying problems. Ours said to me "she feels unloved" and she clearly pushed us, instantly, to try and solve that (us writing nice notes to each other etc) but never dug into why she feels unloved and why I was acting in a way that made her feel unloved. Short answer to that was she was behaving like a complete cunt so i pulled away but we never got to that point of discussion.

You also need to know your partner, these sessions only work if you're both totally honest and she is going to crack the shits as son as you leave the room because you were honest about your take, then you're back to square one.

You also need to know what theory they prescribe too, they all learnt different methods and theories and will try to apply them, some are dead set goofy and you're dropping $200 an hour dancing around the real problem.

Not saying don't do it, but go in eyes wide open.
Appreciate 0