View Single Post
      04-17-2020, 09:40 PM   #1111
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I've got two bikes: A 2012 H-D VRSCF Muscle (which is currently in storage at a buddy's house to make room in the garage for the M2C) and a 2015 BMW R1200GS.

Basically, the F is a bar/restaurant/around town bike and the GS is a SUV-- neither are remotely stock, as I can't leave anything with two or four wheels alone.

I took the GS on an 8500 mile road trip last summer-- CO-UT-ID-WY-WA-OR-NorCal-SoCal-NV-AZ-NM and back to CO. Of the 8500 miles, only about 200 were on interstates.

The bike was bought in Germany by a US serviceman through the Canadian military sales program. He brought it back to the States and since his wife was pregnant (again) he had to sell. I bought it from him, flew out to Tucson to pick it up and rode it home a few years back-- it only had 800 miles on it and had just gotten the Break-In service done.

It took eight hours to get it registered at the DMV (THAT was a fight) and three months to get BMW to move the VIN from the European system to the US system.

But, it's cool to have a "unicorn".

Planning a few more road trips this summer, but haven't come up with any good ideas yet.

R.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2