View Single Post
      10-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Just got my Performance suspension installed!

I had ordered the old Performance struts with Performance springs. I had thought about letting my stealership do the install so there is no warranty issues but the price they quoted made me vomit. So I found an indie and he did a superb job for 1/2 the cost

I picked it up yesterday and immediately I felt a tauter, tighter suspension. The ride is somewhat similar to the old sport but more responsive to the bumps and road variations. On a smooth part of a highway where it curves I nailed it and I had a huge grin on my face. The car was securely planted as I was doing nearly 80mph thru it. Before I would have to cruise thru it at 70 with my foot hovering over the break just in case, know what I mean? My wife drove it last night and she said it drives like it's on rails. Kinda funny hearing that from my wife as she drives a big SUV. But it does! I'm fairly happy with it. Overall I would give the performance and ride an 8 out of 10. This is in comparison to cars I have driven like m3,m5, cayman, 911, mustang, and e92 with eibach springs.

I only wish that the suspension kit lowered the car. I measured (pre-Performance) from hub to bottom of fender L-front: 14, R-front:14, L-rear:13.6, R-rear:13.75 with 1/2 tank of gas. Post measurements were identical except L-reAr is now 13.75.

I didnt want a slammed look or even any lower than with eibachs but was hoping for just 1/2 inch drop all around. Don't seem to have that. Hopefully it will settle? This is the only reason why I am not 100% sastisfied. Now I will slap my new 19inchers on and see if that will make the appearance any more aggressive. But heck, it does drive REALLY well!
Appreciate 0