05-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #105
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
I just dont know whether to get an auto and swap the 5 or 6 speed because they are like 10 grand cheaper. Or just spend it on a manual. All I know is that once I get one I'm getting CCW classics!!! (I know everyone has them but they look good enough for me not to care!)
starting with an auto may be the way to go if you can find one in good condition for $10k less than a 6-speed. but know that a V160 6-speed manual in good condition is going to cost you ~$5k. nevermind the 5-speed manual - it only came with non-turbo Supras, which means it won't handle the power of a turbo Supra for very long...especially once you go BPU and move into the 350-450whp range.

another thing to consider is to buy a non-turbo Supra, remove the 2JZ-GE and the W58 5-speed tranny, and swap in a 2JZ-GTE and V160 6-speed tranny as one. it may or may not be less expensive than buying a turbo auto and just swapping the tranny.

and i know what you mean about the wheels. CCW Classics are, well, classic on the MKIV Supra. no other car wears those wheels as well as the Supra i IMO.