Leucosticte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92 6mt swap

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
They’re going after vendors for selling the smallest emissions mods including intakes. If someone were to say to the epa there’s a car forum openly discussing how to defeat emissions testing and effectively saying it’s “legal”, I could see them amending the document to stating any vendor, regardless of their location, must not defeat/alter emissions equipment in the ecu. To state telling the guy that passing emissions testing without cats is misinformation is a child who doesn’t know the effects of a catless system on emissions or doesn’t care what his contribution to global emissions is. It’s just him so how bad can it be? The problem is it’s NOT just him. What I don’t understand , BM3, Cary Jordan, BimmerWorld (actually they no longer sell tunes to state registered cars due to the epa), etc, sell stage 2 tunes that use stock cars. Don’t believe me, ask them. So other than wanting to be obnoxiously loud, there’s no reason to remove cats or if you do buy the AA EPA-certified HFC DP. You gotta pay to play properly.
I agree with most of what you said, talking about this stuff in public will just ruin everything for enthusiasts.
Appreciate 2
MADBMWX5MC1519.50
AmuroRay2851.50