05-02-2024, 05:33 PM   #16
maxbaybe
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.5is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
i think you mean negative camber... positive camber would have the outside edge wear out faster...plus it wouldnt be good for handling...

regarding tires...
As i understand these that you mentioned are all season tires.
You specifically chose all season tires?

i would go with a dedicated summer tires and if needed a winter setup.

Whats the weather like in your area? Snow?

I think B21 liked Continental tires and has a set of their summer performance tires on his. I personally have had bad experience with that brand and refuse to testbuy anything made by them again. And i am almost on the edge to becoming a Michelin fanboy.

but yeah,,,
Summer tires that a lot of people run are:

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - isnt the newest model but it is very well recommended... good comfort, sharp handling... low noise... grip is great... and lasts a long time aswell. Pricey though. But for how long they last and how good they are i think its worth it.

Seen a few US guys run Firehawk indy 500 tires and i guess they like them.
This model is basically not available in my area so dont know...

Continental Sportcontact 7...
i think this is the tire B21 really liked... it does very well in recent tire tests. Its also newer model than Michelin ps4s and has edged it out in some recent tests. but its bit noisier than ps4s. And also theres the question of longevity...

But all these are dedicated high performance summer tires and not all seasons..
if you dont really see icy conditions or temperatures below freezing then summer tires are fine...

i have driven in snowy [...]
Thanks, I looked at a few options and it ultimately came down to the continental’s because it was available in a wider size, I was hoping Michelins would have it in stock.

Tire Size: Front 235/35 Rears 265/30

As for weather, Missouri is really unpredictable. It does snow here in the winter time, but nothing compared to the more northern states. We tend to have a lot of days where the roads do get icy, makes for a lot of stuck vehicles on the side of the road in the winter time.

Thanks for the input, I may actually see if I can get a set of Summer Tires just so I don’t wear into these all season sets and just switch them out for when the weather does start getting bad.

Also, I have been looking into acquiring some parts pretty soon:

Chargepipe BOV (vRSF), Dual Intakes (Burger Motorsports), downpipes (vRSF) and an FMIC 5” (vRSF).

Is there a place where I can outsource all of these parts from one place? Anyone know any designated sites?
Appreciate 0