03-18-2024, 07:44 PM   #12808
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Mounting the valve robot was a bit of a pain, but only because the valve in my house is in a very tight spot with a water softening system in front of it. So I had to reach over the water softener and into a tight corner to mount it. If you have better access to the valve, mounting the robot would be trivial.

Getting it to talk to the Hubitat Z-Wave controller was not as easy. It's my first time using a Z-Wave controller, so there was a bit of a learning curve. It kept showing up as an unidentified device whenever I tried to pair it (Z-Wave folks call it "Inclusion.") I was getting frustrated, but then I tried resetting the Z-Wave radio. After that, it paired right up. Live and learn.

I can see this being ideal for folks who have rentals. When no one is there, you can remotely turn off the water.
I am primarily thinking about it for our vacation condo. Right now, I manually shut off the water valve when we leave and manually turn it on when we return to use the place. But it’s easy to forget and also we have a cleaning lady who could forget to turn it off after cleaning when we aren’t there. Water pressure is very high and there has already been a burst line in another unit in the building, causing quite a bit of damage mostly to the units below it. I need to study further…
Soul_Glo13398.00