07-28-2023, 02:33 PM   #6
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
I've been on LI since 2010 when I landed in Canada, not once has it found me a job, I have a network, make posts, like, all that crap, but no, I got more from monster and indeed
I have applied for jobs threw it
for the most part recruiters use it to get to you, so from that part is good, BUT that is >>>>FREE<<< (and included in standard linkedin)
You get a lot of this what I like to call scare/dodgy tactics

"you have 5 people reading your profile, subscribe to be a premium user to unlock"

BULLCRAP

They are a sales company keep trying to sell you subs and other crap

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY $35 a month wow $420 a year, no way put that 400 to a suit, or a good quality printer and ink
I had my once-in-a-career lucky move happen via LinkedIn. My current company (been there for 9 years) had a recruiter message me on LinkedIn asking to interview for a role. I didn't apply or even know the job existed. I didn't see the message for 2 weeks and the recruiter kept reaching out. I finally saw it and replied. After a few interviews I got the job. All the other jobs I have had in the past there was a lot more effort and disappointment. If I have to change jobs again I know it will be much harder than that experience. I'm very grateful for how the current gig played out and because of this will always be a fan of LinkedIn
chassis6700.50