11-11-2022, 10:01 AM   #26
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
I get you.

I almost went from an M2C to a 992, but when I sat in one I was like way too big.

I now have a 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 manual and in terms of fun on the streets, my M2C was definitely more fun in terms of handling (the cayman has such high limits that it just feels less playful), but the cayman's naturally aspirated engine is much more engaging and connected with instant response and a vicscerality to the sound and the manual is better, and for me those factors trump the playful handling.

but if the M2C has one of those classic naturally aspirated Bmw sixes with 350HP ish, I would pick the M2C over the GTS 4.0 as the more fun road car.
Porsche NA/manuals are some of the best cars period - just a razor edge of responsiveness and engagement.

The goofy torque monster M2 is a lot of fun too - not to say it isn’t a serious car. The M2c has real capability, but the personality of the car is totally different than Porsche, which is as serious as a heart attack.

I’m happy having both - it’s nice to go back and forth because the approach to driving is so different. That said, if I was forced to choose between the two - it’s NA/manual all day long.
Appreciate 0