09-18-2022, 05:32 AM   #38
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Unfortunately early adapters will suffer high costs due to ever changing technology and old components like you mentioned, which is why I always advocated leasing current EV's until technology makes them cheaper to own long term.

I think eventually a new battery will be $10k and last 10 years for newer cars. Take into account $3k timing belt change, $2500 head gasket, and $120x10=$1200 in oil changes and it's not too bad considering the car will run like new.
Right.

People are using their assumption based off past rare scenarios that were the cause of old tech.

You wouldn't want to go into the apple store and try to buy an iphone 8 today right? No, you would want the latest one, or at least the most previous model. And a new iphone comes around every 6-8 months or so anyway.

As time moves foward, battery technology will improve. I think i said this about 100 times.

People are making assumptions based off the past and using it as if that's the future. It is not. Automotive evolution doesn't work that way.

EV is inevitably the evolution of the car world.