View Single Post
      08-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #21
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
This reminds me of when I detonated the diff in my '01 S2000. I told the service manager straight away that I was regularly dumping and side-stepping the clutch. He, in turn, told the DM, and the warranty claim was denied...until I brought in the sales brochure, touting the 5-second 0-60 time, and the magazine that said it was impossible without side-stepping the clutch. In fact, the 0-60 was more like 9 seconds if driven "properly", and Honda had used the 5-second time to SELL the car, and therefore it was absolutely within warranty to side-step the clutch. They paid the claim. I sold the car.

As far as the BRZ, it never interested me.

Lastly, My '05 EJ25 saw 117 passes at the track and at least double that on the street before I sold it. The car was just basic stage 2 with a pro tune, has 160K on the motor at present, and has only had an oil-feed turbo line issue, nothing else.

'04/'05 EJ25 was a fantastic engine. What the hell they did to them after that I have no earthly idea.
5K clutch dump was the only way to get a WRX to the claimed 0-60, they were basically using the engine as a flywheel with AWD.