View Single Post
      12-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #2935
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Hope the tests come back with good results. Makes me think of my cat, that we had before our current cat, who got sick. We had to have him euthanized because he was dying from lymphoma. He had it for several months. We tried chemo, steroids, many trips to the vet, lots of tests and lots of money, but it was no use. He was going to die.

On his last day we gave him everything he loved: his favorite food, favorite toys and his most comfy places. He enjoyed it all and honestly had a very good last day.

When we took him to the vet to be euthanized, I am the one who gave him to the tech. I gave him a last hug and a kiss, and left that place balling like a baby. Loved that cat more than any other, and I've had cats all my life. He was 14 years old.

Our current girl is about 10yo. When the time comes, if at all possible due to the circumstances, we will have her euthanized here at home, as I've mentioned here before. Don't want to watch her die but want to make sure she goes peacefully and quietly, in her own home where she is comfortable, and hopefully not scared. Want her to be with her family, who loves her.

PS - wishing the best for Bella.
Thanks for this. We will be doing the at-home thing when the time comes. I've heard a few stories like yours of handing your best friend over to the vet tech and its just awful. At home is the only way to go I think.

Well, here's to hoping I dont have to think about that for a while! One day at a time. Yesterday was a good day and hopefully today will be as well.
Appreciate 2
Esteban44720.50
RickFLM411000.00