11-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #109
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
It might not be to you - but it is to the rest of the world. The goal - the only goal - is to reach zero carbon emission as soon as practicable. No amount of "vroum vroum" will effect this. You may think you will never drive an electric car, but unless you're 12, at some point, gas engined vehicles will be completely replaced and banned from operation - and ALL those driving will be driving EVs. All gas-powered vehicles, including gas lawn mowers and every other gas-powered, emission emitting product. Do I disagree with you? Not really. However, the writing is on the legislation and it WILL happen whether you , I, or anyone else is ready.

The only question is - when? When, for me, is what I described above.
But the carbon emissions reduction is totally impossible. They are just removing the exhaust from the car to put it at the plant where they produce the electricity from gas, oil or coal...only few countries in the world have "clean" electricity considering that hydro electricity request to build big dams, flooding large natural spaces ect, even wind turbine are using blades they need to replace and they are not recyclable (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...p-in-landfills) ... and the current electricity supply is barely sufficient for our day to day use

Last edited by Roch M4; 11-04-2021 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50