12-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #4951
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Curious, all other things equal (eg personality compatibility, chemistry, mutual attraction, etc), how much weight you guys put on things like age/financial status/career path when dating??

Currently in a situation where I've been on a few dates with a few different guys and all three are great and pretty much equal in all of the personal categories; but all very different in the "material" categories if you want to label it that. Not sure which road I want to go down if I want to pursue a relationship with any, each one has pros-cons. Without getting too much into specifics...
The oldest one is the most well off/stable career & 1yr divorced & college age children
Youngest one (closest to my age) most risky/unclear career path & no kids
Third one right in-between and has a 2yr old son & travels for work 70-80% of the time & half the weekends not traveling are spent with his son.

Obviously you guys can't make the decision for me but curious how you all weigh these things from your perspectives, all other things being equal.
In your scenario I'm the old guy. Financially stable no kids able to do anything. If I were to date anyone, having no kids would be my preference, or college age, where they're not tied down. Younger children where they have full custody or unreliable exs are something I wish to avoid. I'm in a position where I can travel at will, and have several overseas trips planned for next year - but if someone has young children it would be hard for them to join me.

I've been seeing someone recently who has a younger (11) child and no ex around, so it's difficult. Between that and being a teacher where they have specific times for vacations, I'm not sure it will work - my overseas trips are scheduled around other people not me, so I can't just re-schedule them for when she could be free from work and might be able to find someone to look after her children. Not entirely sure I want a relationship where I vacation alone.
Appreciate 1