View Single Post
      03-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #92
M2 Maybe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
I had a decked out 435 and wanted to get into a m2. I settled on a m240i for a few reasons:

- residual was insanely low on the m2. Lease cost was about the same as the m3/4. For only a 2k delta in price of the cars, my lease was 400$/month cheaper with the m240i.

- I could buy the m240 I today and had to wait many months for the m2

- I got 12% off of MSRP (53k to 46k) on the m240i, the m2 was either no discount or few Ks over MSRP

- after driving both, both felt plenty fast. M2 was definitely edgier but the m240i held its own

- m240i has more TQ

- m240i felt better suited for DD

You don't get a much faster car wth the m2 - heck from rolling starts the m240i seemed quicker.

BUT you do get a much different driving experience. You do get that feeling of a raw M car, reminded me driving the e46 m3.

Either car is awesome. For the same price and if I was buying, I would probably buy m2 if I couldn't found one. If you're leasing, m240i no question.

B58 engine is really fun and dropping a jb4 in it can really make it a beast. Just need bigger tires to handle all that power and maybe the lsd/xdrive
Good information. I'm not sure that I can get $7K off a 240I from a local dealer but I am buying the M2 at MSRP. The one thing I was surprised at from your comment was you are able to get $400/mo cheaper lease, now that makes the 240I a more interesting proposition.

For me, I don't mind waiting and like the look of the M2 much more so the extra cost and wait are worth it for me. You've made a good case for why you went M240I which is still an awesome car....enjoy.
Appreciate 1
krizze928.00