View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #89
M5XDRIVE
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, E36 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
I disagree on the audio part. I can navigate my music quicker on iDrive than on the Spotify app.

As far as your one use case for nav, I can do that using connected drive, google search within the car or via concierge. With the latter I can do this while driving.

Tech isn't useful because it's new. It's useful if it has value, and CarPlay has no value. Nice try with the Luddite claim at the end of your post, but I work in tech, so I look at things in terms of value.

You are welcome to your view. You're welcome to enjoy CarPlay, but there is a reason not many people use it.
So how will you search through idrive? Knowing your answer, how is that more seamless?

Its useful because my example is a perfect example why its useful. Instead, try proving my example isnt more seamless?

And "but there is a reason not many people use it."
Where are you getting this data? Are you getting it from because more and more automakers are implementing it? Or are you getting it from because its still new and since there are more older cars on the road, not many people have it YET.
In both cases, doesnt dismiss its usefulness. If people dont use it, its because its still new and not every automaker has it yet in there line up. If its so useless and doesnt add value, wonder why automakers are adopting it. Hmmmm.
Appreciate 0