View Single Post
      03-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #37
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
From a sound quality perspective you're better off skipping these, but if install mandates because of short wires or whatever they can be used. Generally fewer connections = better.
I get that. But P1et said his cabling run is short. So either he has to pull out the wiring and run new cabling long enough to reach his amp or he has to do some sort of splice/junction. I'm not all that crazy of doing an actual splice to the cable and figured a terminal block would work halfway decently. For full disclosure, if you saw the pictures of my dedicated sound room, you would know I treat sound quality as a serious thing. Not many people bother to have acoustical treatments in their room let alone proper speaker placement. The speaker cabling I have is point to point. In the situation of the front speakers, the cabling is just sitting exposed on the floor. For the rears, I have them hidden in the walls through conduits with the cabling still being point to point.
Appreciate 0