02-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #21
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]

This isn't even the new gen I5... yes, they sound good. The BMW lumps sound good too though, and they are so much smoother... you can put in motor mounts and it's not going to shake your teeth out. The I5 naturally wants to vibrate itself to pieces.

They understeer like the nose-heavy pigs they are though; even the TTRS (mk2) does (although it has more weight in the nose with an iron block).

It's also a damn shame we can't get the hatchback version in the US; if that was an option I would be definitely pausing between the utility there vs. the M2.

Magnetic suspension is pretty fantastic though... just save your pennies for when it fails (assuming you're keeping the car longterm). Struts are like $1500/ea. Audi CPO warranty doesn't cover them either (a fact they conveniently failed to mention to me when I bought mine used). The virtual cockpit thing is really slick too; I'm curious to see how quickly it feels outdated, or if they actually continue to create software updates for it down the road.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.

Last edited by ZPrime; 02-22-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
Lukeni67.50