Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
If it works for you then great

It doesnt work for a lot of folks

I dont think I would ever buy into the electric car model for a LOT of reasons

Cost, complexity, difficulty in tshooting/repair

Dependency on electricity to....I've been through too many extended outages due to weather/other....and there's no EV equivalent of a couple 5gal jugs of fuel

Not to mention I'm just a petro head....I like CI/IC engines....its a viceral thing

I have a buddy thats loves his tesla....but he made a comment about most EV folks he knows......they are a lot like apple fanatics

To each their own.....variety.....you know the rest of the expression
I agree that the infrastructure is lacking. Until EV batteries can be topped off as easily and painlessly as fuel then EV's can be accepted by the general public. While charge stations are popping up, they are popping up very slowly. It does not help Tesla stations only cater to Tesla cars (I think). Just like ALL fuel stations with gas powered cara, EV's should have a standardized fast charging plug. Like all these auto-pilot crap would work better if there is a system all cars can talk and send road feeback to each other imo. We still need governments to organize and back the progress.
While I do not see Nissan Leaf owners as Apple fanatics, but Tesla owners are very much so.
Appreciate 0