AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
They said flying cars would be here 50 yrs ago also. I've even seen several companies set to go into production with them. And that was 10 and 20 yrs ago. I'm not bashing them. I'm just amazed everyone is so sure that this tech, unlike the last 5 that said exactly the same thing, and that needs technological advances that nobody knows if they are possible for a decade or more to even be practical, and unlike the previous 5 also requires new infrastructure to work, is such a certainty. Once they build charge stations everywhere, it charges in 3 min, the motors don't overheat after a few pulls, the range is 400+ miles, it performs as well or better than a current IC, costs similar, is as reliable, has an equivalent lifespan, and doesn't create massive mining and toxic waste to create, let me know.
  • Charge stations are everywhere, there is no reason to be ignorant and simply look. And, It's much easier to set them up than gas stations for sure
  • No, it will not charge in 3 min, but i will spend less time than someone at the pump even with 10-min charge, because all i have to do is park and plug in.
    Most ppl need to pump, pay, and park. For EV is just plugging in
  • No, my motors never overheated, no matter how many pulls i did
    I'm sure there are a lot of ICE cars that do though
    And of course you're going to mention track performance...And no, not planning to track my SUV anytime soon, nor would advise anyone use large cars for these activities. Get dedicated track car
  • Range of over 400? why?
    All my cars in the past barely crossed 300m mark on the single tank
    I mean 4-bangers might have a better chance, but that is no fun
  • My Tesla outperformed my Audis and Bimmers, costs similar and most reliable out of all of them
  • Lifespan should be either the same or better
    People are putting 200K miles on these driving as limo and stating no maintenance or shop visits. Cars look as new as from day 1
  • Lets not even go into environment... The amount of harm that oil production does to our planet is absolute disaster. You keep getting stuck on the toxins and recyclebility of battery, which i explained to you numerous times is not an issue with new Gigafactory.

I'm also having a hard time to believe that you cannot charge at your destination overnight. What is that location that doesn't have electricity?
Do they not have sewer either?
Care to share address (approximate is fine) ?

Last edited by AndreyATC; 01-16-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0