View Single Post
      08-22-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
brandoningram14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: none

Can I really afford a BMW?

I don't really have as much real life experience and no plans/projections I ever make ever come true, so I have come here for advice. I am thinking about purchasing an F80 M3. I originally started off wanting a E92 M3, but I didn't want to have one without warranty as my first euro car (I guess I could always purchase third party or get a CPO, but they're all near 50k) and at that price point, I could just buy an M2, right? I should be getting an allocation in September, but the interior just felt cheap to me and if I'm already spending the 53k MSRP on an M2, I might as well get a proper M and get the 2017 M3. I test drove the E92 and F80 back to back and fell in love with the F80. I optioned out an M3 (only option I wanted was the upgraded wheels), and it came out to 65k (63.5k invoice, best price I could find in California was 1.5k over invoice). Plus taxes and misc, it will come out to 71k.

I'm 25, graduated college 2 years ago and have been aggressively paying off my student loans since (wanted to wait until I finished paying them off before I purchased a car) and now have ~40k in the bank. I'm sure with most car enthusiasts, we purchase cars with our emotions more than our brains, but is buying a car that's twice my net worth an okay idea? My annual income is ~130k, rent is around 1700 and I don't have much other expenses except I buy a lot of groceries because I like eating. If I put 20k down (pre-approved @ chase for 2.49% @ 48months), I'm paying $1117 a month. What do you all think? Thanks in advance for the advice
Appreciate 1
OutlawX3M298.00