Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Hope you have a great time !

It's hard to know how to respond to these posts as you never know if people want the "tourist response" or the "drivers response"... See the sights or drive the roads... Sometimes they can be combined, but often times they are mutually exclusive. We went for maximum seat time, as I noted in my ED journal.

One thing I will definitely do every time I go back (since I am really into food/restaurants) is eat at Schloss Schauenstein, which is relatively close to the whole Furka/Grimsel area. I cannot recommend it highly enough. People come from all over the world to eat at this place, and the experience was one of many highlights of my trip. That's my little contribution to this thread :P
Schloss Schauenstein

Contrary to someone else's post, I find the "high end" restaurants in Munich to be rather mediocre, compared to other places. I wouldn't waste time and money on those. I would/will spend time at Augustiner Keller again, just hanging out and chatting, drinking beer and eating basic food (which I thought was good). That's really what Munich does best: comfort food and beer.
Ok im into food as the next person. Im a wine collector and dont shy away from the good places to eat, but a three course meal for $200+ (not including booze) for one person and portions to small for my cat is a little on the annoying side. Even if I could have sex with the waitress and I was tipped $50 bux for it id still have second thoughts.
Appreciate 1