View Single Post
      06-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
DougM
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp DCT

Yeah we drove m3s with all systems off on the skid pan second gear 40 km/h boot it sideways and try to hold drift/doughnut. A bit trickier than it looks.

M235i in motorkhana was sport mode only. During Track driving all cars were in sport mode only.

I fitted a Quaife LSD and the difference in predictability and balance is great. No more squirrelly changing drive from wheel to wheel under power. Easy to hang out the tail and hold it there if you want.

The instructor lap makes us mere mortals look incompetent. I reckon I have a fair idea having driven fast cars and done maybe 20 track days with ever quicker lap times. But those blokes.....at another level. Had the same thoughts after instructor laps in a radical at eastern creek last year. Skill and ability to drive to slick grip and aero was just incredible. Hard on power way past where I braked then stand the thing on its nose and turn in hard. Firm deliberate actions, no pussying around. Highlight that day was flat 220 km/h through turn 1 at SMP no lift at all........wild!

Last edited by DougM; 06-26-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0