03-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMW@24 View Post
Yeah Brisbane is really good. I'm up at Cairns (north Queensland) at the moment which is really beautiful. Sunny weather, palm trees and beautiful beaches.

I'm keeping the car for 3 years only so I was only thinking of resale value in terms of it being more appealing to potential buyers over one that hasn't had it done.

It does keep hot in Brisbane but my car will rarely be parked in the sun. Does the exterior offer any protection against scratches?
nice, I could use some sunny palm-tree beaches right now when we were in cairns we went to fitzroy island for three nights, paradise!! god it was beautiful, the water, the nature, the reef with it's color and fish. Although stinger-season but we survived around cairns they got those nets though so no worries huh

regarding the protection, I doubt you'll have any return of investment really on that expense for the whole package of rust/inside/outside-kit (3000$ sounds a bit expensive to me, even with discount). And about scratches; you'll have a tinytinty extra layer of protection, but any scenario that would cause a scratch will cause a scratch regardless of protection or not imo. What you get though with paint-protection is a car that got better chances of staying fresh looking brand new and shiny if taken care of, and that ofcourse is beneficial when it comes to selling down the road. I agree with previous posters on that.
Appreciate 0