E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > At delivery dealer tried to up the lease rate...

02-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
BartMack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 06 MINI CooperS

Exclamation At delivery dealer tried to up the lease rate...

My 335Ci delivery experience was an ordeal..

I came this close to walking ---->|<---- ....

they tried to up my lease payment by $75/mo at delivery, after I had already negotiated and confirmed (and re-confirmed with the manager via phone a few weeks ago no less) the final deal when I ordered and gave them a $1500 deposit. At the time they assured me I was "locked in" at that lease rate, but when they put the papers in front of me to sign they had upped it and said the lease rates had changed since I ordered....

me ----> :mad: :mad: :mad:

I made a small scene I put my coat on and stood up, and said they either honor their word or write me a check for $1500 ... I was hot

The 'replacement' salesman (my original no longer worked there) basically begged me to sit down and let them work the numbers again and in the end they said my original salesperson had lied to me, that they can't ever lock in a lease rate (is that true??)

In the end they gave me exactly my original deal, but made me feel like they were doing me a huge favor by simply honoring what they had said...

but----- it's in my driveway now, and wow is it cool ...... my buddy who drove me back up to the dealer to retrieve the MCSC said it looks like a shark

So my question to all of you with experience leasing: is it true that they cannot lock in a lease rate when you commit to ordering and place a deposit? Did my original salesperson (who very very clearly assured me my lease rate was locked in no matter what) lie? Or did they try to pull a shady fast one on me??

2007 335i Coupe TiAg w/black+silver interior & sport package-Feb or March delivery ...
2006 MINI CooperS vert, Pepper White, Aerokit, ASA wheels & Helix 15% reduction pulley and CAI, Wetokole seatcovers, Sirius & other bits

Last edited by BartMack; 02-20-2007 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

normal dealer BS
      02-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartMack View Post
My 335Ci delivery experience was an ordeal..

I came this close to walking ---->|<---- ....

they tried to up my lease payment by $75/mo at delivery, after I had already negotiated and confirmed (and re-confirmed with the manager via phone a few weeks ago no less) the final deal when I ordered and gave them a $1500 deposit. At the time they assured me I was "locked in" at that lease rate, but when they put the papers in front of me to sign they had upped it and said the lease rates had changed since I ordered....

me ----> :mad: :mad: :mad:

I made a small scene I put my coat on and stood up, and said they either honor their word or write me a check for $1500 ... I was hot

The 'replacement' salesman (my original no longer worked there) basically begged me to sit down and let them work the numbers again and in the end they said my original salesperson had lied to me, that they can't ever lock in a lease rate (is that true??)

In the end they gave me exactly my original deal, but made me feel like they were doing me a huge favor by simply honoring what they had said...

but----- it's in my driveway now, and wow is it cool ...... my buddy who drove me back up to the dealer to retrieve the MCSC said it looks like a shark

So my question to all of you with experience leasing: is it true that they cannot lock lock in a lease rate when you commit to ordering and place a deposit? Did my original salesperson (who very very clearly assured me my lease rate was locked in no matter what) lie? Or did they try to pull a shady fast one on me??
If you filled out a credit app and it was submitted and approved,that lease rate would be locked for 60 days from the end of the month.Any December rate locks must be billed by the end of this month,January lock is good till the end of March etc etc.Without submitting a credit app for approval,you can't lock any rate just because a CA says it is.You can never lock a finance rate !
Enjoy your car, I'm glad you stood your ground !
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
BartMack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 06 MINI CooperS

Thank you! My actual order date was Dec 8, so a locked rate would have been good through the end of Feb if I understand correctly. The manager did say that they did not submit a credit app, but I did give them credit info, ss#, etc., and the dealer has it all on file from previous purchases (4!) as well....

-but I remember the original salesperson saying a credit app was not required for a lease (yes, that's what she said!!) or else she meant my info was on file already (?) -because I told her it was no problem at all, I have first rate credit scores.

So based on what you've told me, they (or she) messed up by not doing that, so in reality no rate was locked in..-?

New question then: Is it common practice to do a credit app when ordering for a lease and giving a deposit? ie, could I reasonably expect that they would do this?

Previously they always ran my credit both when I ordered a MINI and again when I took delivery..

2007 335i Coupe TiAg w/black+silver interior & sport package-Feb or March delivery ...
2006 MINI CooperS vert, Pepper White, Aerokit, ASA wheels & Helix 15% reduction pulley and CAI, Wetokole seatcovers, Sirius & other bits

Last edited by BartMack; 02-20-2007 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #5
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
I filled my credit app for lease online before i went to the dealer - I knew i was approved and good for 60 days (end of feb). My car is getting here begining of march and i asked my dealer that if that is going to be a problem and he told me that he will take care of it and it won't be a problem.
I re-applied online anyway and now i have approval until end of march
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

, you didn't take
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartMack View Post
Thank you! My actual order date was Dec 8, so a locked rate would have been good through the end of Feb if I understand correctly. The manager did say that they did not submit a credit app, but I did give them credit info, ss#, etc., and the dealer has it all on file from previous purchases (4!) as well....

-but I remember the original salesperson saying a credit app was not required for a lease (yes, that's what she said!!) or else she meant my info was on file already (?) -because I told her it was no problem at all, I have first rate credit scores.

So based on what you've told me, they (or she) messed up by not doing that, so in reality no rate was locked in..-?

New question then: Is it common practice to do a credit app when ordering for a lease and giving a deposit? ie, could I reasonably expect that they would do this?

Previously they always ran my credit both when I ordered a MINI and again when I took delivery..
They should have honored the December rate if it was lower since you did fill out the credit app,but they failed to submit it.It's a good idea to fill out the credit app and submit it so you can lock the rate in case it goes higher the following month like it did on the rear wheel drive 5er from Dec to Jan.The trained CA should know this but the client can also insist to have the lease rate locked.We have know way of knowing if they'll go up or down from month to month.
Appreciate 0