E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > In the Order Bank...

01-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
geeman
Private
Rep
Drives: e92

In the Order Bank...

I've placed my order for an 07 coupe and am told that I am #9 in the order bank. My SA is not able to give me any more details about when I should expect to get a production number ,other than 'could be as long as April'. Feels like a bit of a black hole. Does anyone know, on average, how many cars a 'typical' dealer gets a month? This is a dealer in the south bay, southern cal.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

i dont know how many numbers they get a month, but ive mentioned to a couple people and others have brought it up aswell; not to put a deposit down without a production number (if you have a choice to get one from another dealer that is)

if your not getting a number till april that meens your not getting your car till atleast june (ouch)

seems like the coupe is raising in demand and not going down O_o, i think bmw is artificially creating the demand by limiting production, there still building more sedans then coupes even though the demand for sedans is way down

i would suggest you call every dealer within 100 miles and see if you cant get a number sooner
      01-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
I've placed my order for an 07 coupe and am told that I am #9 in the order bank. My SA is not able to give me any more details about when I should expect to get a production number ,other than 'could be as long as April'. Feels like a bit of a black hole. Does anyone know, on average, how many cars a 'typical' dealer gets a month? This is a dealer in the south bay, southern cal.
My dealer said 15/mo for the 335i coupe, but they are a very large dealer and that was in early October. He said that allocations are often treated loosely by BMW, but with the 335i, they were being strict due to demand. Getting a production number means virtually nothing. I got one the day I ordered but my dealer had already sold all of his slots for October, and so my car didn't go into production until mid Nov. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
dot1q
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Sorry to said, but you might end up wait a month to get the Production Order Number, and then another month to schedule for production. Typical small dealer, might get 6 allow/month...you are inline for #9 in the order bank, so that mean you'll catch the second round. I think your CA already kindna give you clue about the production.
      01-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #5
geeman
Private
Rep

thanks

Good feedback from the group. I'd shop around more but I feel I have a really nice deal from this dealer....~2k under MSRP. Another dealer in the area wouldn't touch it... I guess I'll have to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 12:02 AM   #6
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Good feedback from the group. I'd shop around more but I feel I have a really nice deal from this dealer....~2k under MSRP. Another dealer in the area wouldn't touch it... I guess I'll have to be patient.
It's a shame I didn't get a crack at you, I'm local and a poster on this board.

2k off of MSRP is a good deal. Number 9 on the order bank will probably take you about 1.5 months just to get a production number though - these things are sold out everywhere in SoCal!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
geeman
Private
Rep

Will, thanks for your help at the dealership. I would definitely rather have gone through you....your approach with me was very friendly, professional, honest. (the M coupe test drive was awesome, thanks!) Anyone in So Cal needing BMW.....I recommend Will at Long Beach!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will, thanks for your help at the dealership. I would definitely rather have gone through you....your approach with me was very friendly, professional, honest. (the M coupe test drive was awesome, thanks!) Anyone in So Cal needing BMW.....I recommend Will at Long Beach!
Thanks buddy. Good luck on your 335
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
IMJUSS2NASTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I MONTEGO BLUE

Hey Will, my vehicle is scheduled to finish production on 1/17, do you know the estimate time frame of when I should be expecting to take delivery? I live in NYC area.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJUSS2NASTY
Hey Will, my vehicle is scheduled to finish production on 1/17, do you know the estimate time frame of when I should be expecting to take delivery? I live in NYC area.
It should take about 4-5 weeks to get to you
Appreciate 0