BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 1 Series Facelift/LCI

08-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
bmwF10
Dark Knight
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Ask NASA.

Exclamation F20 1 Series Facelift/LCI

So, going through Carscoop's, found this

Scott said it's too soon for an LCI but what is this then? I see them covering the grills and the headlights corner (headlight linked to grill a la 3/4/X5+ series, anyone?)

I like the F20 but I think it could use some makeup on the front so I'm excited about this..

Last edited by bmwF10; 08-06-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

I think we've seen that pic before. August is a slow news month. Not much change, if any
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwF10 View Post

Scott said it's too soon for an LCI but what is this then? I see them covering the grills and the headlights corner (headlight linked to grill a la 3/4/X5+ series, anyone?)

I like the F20 but I think it could use some makeup on the front so I'm excited about this..
This is the true F20 LCi. The previous were testing the front end of the BMW 2er.
There is not going to be much of a change at the front of the car except the biggest change is a wider grille to help reduce the amount of painted space on the front facia. The headlights remain the same shape because they give the 1er its distinctive personality.

Why minimal changes? Even in light of new competitors from Audi , VW , And Mercedes-Benz the car is still selling well and still brings in huge numbers to BMW.
      08-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
bmwF10
Dark Knight
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
This is the true F20 LCi. The previous were testing the front end of the BMW 2er.
There is not going to be much of a change at the front of the car except the biggest change is a wider grille to help reduce the amount of painted space on the front facia. The headlights remain the same shape because they give the 1er its distinctive personality.

Why minimal changes? Even in light of new competitors from Audi , VW , And Mercedes-Benz the car is still selling well and still brings in huge numbers to BMW.
Yes yes, but that's what I was talking about, that they do something about that itchy space between the headlights & whatnot, the rest is fine

As I said, I do like the F20, the pics don't do justice and I do agree with you, it's a fun little car!

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

I think I bought my F20 at the right time tbh, my HP deal ends in mid 2015... just in time for an F22 just a shame my F20 it will lose part exchange value when the 2014 LCI comes out
      08-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma View Post
I think I bought my F20 at the right time tbh, my HP deal ends in mid 2015... just in time for an F22 just a shame my F20 it will lose part exchange value when the 2014 LCI comes out
The changes are minimal in regards to protecting resale value.

I like your Valencia Orange Sport.
Even in the Snow it still looks bright , but is more so stunning in perfect sunlight.
      08-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #7
Birel
Rep
Drives: F20

seems there is only slight changes on the front grill and lower bumper area, and maybe introduce the 1.5 liter engine?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #8
jozeff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwF10 View Post

Hi Scott,

How about the new M-Sport (M135i) bumper? Will it be much of a change?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Quote:
The changes are minimal in regards to protecting resale value.

I like your Valencia Orange Sport.
Even in the Snow it still looks bright , but is more so stunning in perfect sunlight.
Thank you!! It's a very rare colour where I live, I have only seen 2 others to date!

I am thinking of changing the snow pic though, it looks like I parked it in a hedge (it in fact was a good 10cms away from the hedge!
      08-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Thank you!! It's a very rare colour where I live, I have only seen 2 others to date!

I am thinking of changing the snow pic though, it looks like I parked it in a hedge (it in fact was a good 10cms away from the hedge!
I think there are 4 in that color in my local village, including ours. And it does indeed look like you have crashed the car into some shrubbery.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:

+1

Indeed, i find the colour to be very rare also. I have only ever seen one other F20 in this colour (apart from mine) and that was a sport. There is also an X1 cruising the streets of North East England in the same colour, but that doesnt count!

The one thing that i enjoy about the colour, is depending on the conditions outside, it transforms the look of the car completely, always adding a splash of colour to your life, yet not always in-your-face
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:

I'm confused. Surely if the biggest change was a wider grill then they would be disguising the grille. It seems that's the only area that they haven't covered and it looks the same as the current design.
      08-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Norway
Rep
Drives: F20 120d

Garage List
The edges of the grille is covered, so you can't see if the headlights now 'merge' with the grille. I don't think they do. I think it would look stupid without a total redesign of the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

I tried it on my computer, making the kidneys slightly wider on various frontal F20 pictures. It does indeed look slightly better.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

F20 looks great with M Sport Packet, maybe the other lines could have looked a little bit more aggressive...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #16
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
The edges of the grille is covered, so you can't see if the headlights now 'merge' with the grille. I don't think they do. I think it would look stupid without a total redesign of the headlights.
No, the grille is EXACTLY the same shape. I zoomed the image in and upped the contrast to check. see
Attached Images

08-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
Giorgio-GR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 116i M Sport

to be honest one year ago when I saw the normal version I didn't like it a lot.. i didn't like it to say the truth.. but those with the M pack I really love them!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Giorgio-GR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 116i M Sport

*and at the end, if you have the normal one and you don't like it, in one year you buy the new bumper and the new lights and you have the new model ;-) all the other remains as it is now. they only change plastic parts that doesn't cost a lot. if you see, the top line of the light remains exactly the same for not changing the fenders, thing that would cost a lot!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
bmwF10
Dark Knight
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
No, the grille is EXACTLY the same shape. I zoomed the image in and upped the contrast to check. see
Am I the only one that see a larger grill? I mean, I compared it side by side with the pre-LCI and it seems larger to me. Count the grill bars (I think that's a good measure + physical comparison)

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

It may be larger, but only by a few mm. If you're looking to the LCI to make the F20 even more beautiful, you might be wasting your time
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
bmwF10
Dark Knight
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
It may be larger, but only by a few mm. If you're looking to the LCI to make the F20 even more beautiful, you might be wasting your time
Ahah, make no mistake, I'm not trying to do so, but there's always room for improvement..

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #22
ripkord
First time owner
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F46 Gran Tourer, C220 AMG

Quote:

YES!!! I'm so happy