BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > EVO COTY BMW M135i vs Porsche 911 Carrera Track Battle Video

02-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #67
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Amadeus View Post
Thanks Ozinaldo,

With such kind of exclusive distributors, you'll never know the real reason to specify all non M models with RF tires.
Thanks for give some ideas to deal with this sacrilege. I think finally I will buy inmediatelly the MPSS (I've been scouting the Michelin.cl web site and the front tires specs 225/40/R18 could be locally available) with some luck only rear ones 245/35/R18 will need to be imported.
Then, when my car arrives, I will swap the tires ASAP, fortunatelly a close friend of mine drives an 135i coupe (who uses almost same spec tires) and show some interest, so the RF's should be quickly relocated and some cash recovered to mount the proper drivers car tires on my long awaited machine.
Cheers!
Sent you a Private Message (PM). You need to have minimum 5 posts to reply.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #68
Joseph Amadeus
Registered
Chile
Rep
Drives: waiting for my ///M135i

Hi Ozinaldo, Sounds great, and of course I would like to meet your "cult car" and to take part in this meeting. Unfortunately WBM's standard units come dramatically wrong equipped (low-end sound system, plastic "sensatec" seats, even no parking sensors, and so on) so I had to specify completely the car and my delivery will take a couple of months.
Last week they offer me a test unit (tangerine orange) for 24 hours and all I can say is the car is fantastic. But I'm afraid the tire capabilities are clearly under the performance of the car. So that’s why I'm trying to arrange the immediately swap of them. Did you bring your Michelin Pilot Super Sport using Tire Rack? Can you tell me the final cost of them? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #69
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Garage List
2016 BMW 430iAM-Sport  [0.00]
2012 125i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnasty View Post
i hope i didn't made the biggest mistake of my live for choosing highly specd 125i over low specd 135i

anyway, thanks for sharing
Nope. You'll only get that kind of performance on track days ... and how many of those do you do?
If not track days, then you'll lose your driving licence!
More spec means you'll enjoy it all the more

Great film snip...thanks for sharing

Last edited by Patrick BMW; 02-28-2013 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: edited out typo ...
Appreciate 0