BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 125i M Sport vs M135i
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
BMWDAD
Captain
BMWDAD's Avatar
39
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe/6mt/sports
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

125i M Sport vs M135i

I have read many reviews on the M135i in American and Euro mags.

I have only read one review on the 125i Sport. Which I have already posted.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2012...-review/263658

Is there any other reviews on the 125i sport?
Has anyone driven both the 125i sport and M135i?

I am interested in both these car when they come to the USA as a coupe.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
FunkDocta52
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: Mitsubishi Lancer VRX
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Here is a video review in Dutch (with English subtitles) on youtube which compares the 125i with the A250.



I have to say, I too am disappointed with the lack of media coverage the 125i has been getting.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

I am collecting my Estoril Blue 125i M Sport with loads of goodies tomorrow, I will post a new thead with the pics and comments. Hope this will help you decide
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
F20MAW73
Private First Class
United Kingdom
2
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: F20 125i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK, West Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
I am collecting my Estoril Blue 125i M Sport with loads of goodies tomorrow, I will post a new thead with the pics and comments. Hope this will help you decide
Nice one AusF20.... looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing your first impressions
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
F20MAW73
Private First Class
United Kingdom
2
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: F20 125i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK, West Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDocta52 View Post
Here is a video review in Dutch (with English subtitles) on youtube which compares the 125i with the A250.


I have to say, I too am disappointed with the lack of media coverage the 125i has been getting.
Your right it does seem to get poor media coverage. I guess the 125i doesn't really have the heritage to some of the other hot hatch cars its up against like the Golf gti.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

I think it is a case of it being over shadowed by the early release of the M135i to the media

The motoring media had the 116i & 118i tested against all the others and gave them very good reviews

If BMW did not announce that they were releasing the M135i, The media would have taken more interest in the 125i.

The review posted does show the superior design of the BMW and it is very clear that BMW is still the car to beat regardless of the engine size.

Also
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
rickk
Private First Class
rickk's Avatar
Netherlands
4
Rep
167
Posts

 
Drives: E30 325i, E46 320d, F21 125i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

There are also couple of German reviews, where it's compared to the Golf GTI amongst others.

None of them questions the 125i as the #1 choice for sporty drivers, but it's more expensive and less practical than the Golf.

Apart from the M135i, I also think the F30 328i steals some of the spotlights..
__________________
2013 F21 125i Estoril Blue M Sport
2002 E46 320d Steel Gray M Sport
1986 E30 325i Royal Metallic Blue
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
F20MAW73
Private First Class
United Kingdom
2
Rep
170
Posts

 
Drives: F20 125i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK, West Sussex

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickk View Post
There are also couple of German reviews, where it's compared to the Golf GTI amongst others.

None of them questions the 125i as the #1 choice for sporty drivers, but it's more expensive and less practical than the Golf.

Apart from the M135i, I also think the F30 328i steals some of the spotlights..
My Mk6 Golf GTI with DSG, leather, sat nav and other options was circa 30k three years ago. The GTI is certainly not cheap car to buy anymore. Hence the reason why I looked at the competition this time round.

Loved the golf though...... Hope my 125i will live up to it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
rickk
Private First Class
rickk's Avatar
Netherlands
4
Rep
167
Posts

 
Drives: E30 325i, E46 320d, F21 125i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73 View Post
The GTI is certainly not cheap car to buy anymore. Hence the reason why I looked at the competition this time round.
Maybe it's because of local (Dutch) pricing, or maybe this is true for base spec, but I wasn't able to spec up a MK6 GTI to the price of my 125i...

Getting a GTI again would've saved me a lot of money, but I feel the MK6 (and now the 7) isn't much different from my current MKV, so I quickly ignored the price difference

Quote:
Loved the golf though...... Hope my 125i will live up to it.
Same here!

- Rick
__________________
2013 F21 125i Estoril Blue M Sport
2002 E46 320d Steel Gray M Sport
1986 E30 325i Royal Metallic Blue
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
BMWDAD
Captain
BMWDAD's Avatar
39
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe/6mt/sports
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickk View Post
There are also couple of German reviews, where it's compared to the Golf GTI amongst others.

None of them questions the 125i as the #1 choice for sporty drivers, but it's more expensive and less practical than the Golf.

Apart from the M135i, I also think the F30 328i steals some of the spotlights..
I feel the GTI is a very good competitor to the 125m sport. And would love to see the reviews.

I drove a very base 328i auto and was very disappointed in the steering.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDAD View Post
I have read many reviews on the M135i in American and Euro mags.

I have only read one review on the 125i Sport. Which I have already posted.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2012...-review/263658

Is there any other reviews on the 125i sport?
Has anyone driven both the 125i sport and M135i?

I am interested in both these car when they come to the USA as a coupe.

Thanks in advance.


Hi

I have posted a brief review on my 125i LOVE IT
You would not be disappointed with the 2er coupe using the 125i engine
I suspect it may be the same tune as the 328i there (more horses to use)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #12
wadded
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport F20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickk View Post
Maybe it's because of local (Dutch) pricing, or maybe this is true for base spec, but I wasn't able to spec up a MK6 GTI to the price of my 125i...

Getting a GTI again would've saved me a lot of money, but I feel the MK6 (and now the 7) isn't much different from my current MKV, so I quickly ignored the price difference



Same here!

- Rick
Neither of you will be disappointed I assure you. My 125i now has 4k miles and with every drive its getting better and better.

I was lucky enough to get it and my old MK6 GTI side by side. The GTI both exterior and interior now looks very shabby compared to the 1er.

The 1er is more refined than the GTI for sure. However the overall driving experience of the 1er is better, with the linear delivery, rwd and pointing the car into corners.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #13
BMWDAD
Captain
BMWDAD's Avatar
39
Rep
753
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe/6mt/sports
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadded View Post
Neither of you will be disappointed I assure you. My 125i now has 4k miles and with every drive its getting better and better.

I was lucky enough to get it and my old MK6 GTI side by side. The GTI both exterior and interior now looks very shabby compared to the 1er.

The 1er is more refined than the GTI for sure. However the overall driving experience of the 1er is better, with the linear delivery, rwd and pointing the car into corners.
dsg or stick GTI

auto or stick BMW

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
wadded
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport F20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDAD View Post
dsg or stick GTI

auto or stick BMW

Thanks
Stick in both.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST