BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Interior trim combo
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Interior trim combo

Hi all

A friend is ordering an F20 125i M Sport in Min white with red seats etc. She would like to have the red line with brushed aluminium trim. It cannot be ordered that way here.
You can get it on the sportline with red seats etc but not on a M sport with red seats etc (how dumb is that).

If anyone know the part numbers for the left hand side and right hand side trims (vents) in Brushed Aluminium with the red line for a RHD F20 could they let me know please.

I looked on the realoem site but it only gives the Alcantara version

(these are the red version of the hex/blue trims causing all the delays in orders at present)

I have suggested she order the car with Brushed /black trim. She could then order the Brushed/red as spare parts and then we replace it when the car arrives.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
clfive02
Private
Australia
0
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: F25
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Hi all

A friend is ordering an F20 125i M Sport in Min white with red seats etc. She would like to have the red line with brushed aluminium trim. It cannot be ordered that way here.
You can get it on the sportline with red seats etc but not on a M sport with red seats etc (how dumb is that).

If anyone know the part numbers for the left hand side and right hand side trims (vents) in Brushed Aluminium with the red line for a RHD F20 could they let me know please.

I looked on the realoem site but it only gives the Alcantara version

(these are the red version of the hex/blue trims causing all the delays in orders at present)

I have suggested she order the car with Brushed /black trim. She could then order the Brushed/red as spare parts and then we replace it when the car arrives.
The red accent trim is not available on any M Sport F20 anywhere in the world, that's just the way it is. Blue is the usual colour associated with M Sport, and that's also why the M Sport key is blue.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
dreamweaver
Private
United Kingdom
4
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 Msport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Seems funny that as you said the M range are blue orientated, but the ambient lighting is red/white where as the urban is blue. You would have thought that they would have had the blue LEDs in the M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
clfive02
Private
Australia
0
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: F25
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

good point but colour of lighting is a different thing. I am referring to the trims where there is a common theme. M Sport = Blue, Sport Line = Red, Urban Line = White.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clfive02 View Post
The red accent trim is not available on any M Sport F20 anywhere in the world, that's just the way it is. Blue is the usual colour associated with M Sport, and that's also why the M Sport key is blue.


clfive
I am well aware of that.
I thought that I made that very clear in my original text, hense the request for the part numbers of the RED trim so that she can buy them and fit them after.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
clfive02
Private
Australia
0
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: F25
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
clfive
I am well aware of that.
I thought that I made that very clear in my original text, hense the request for the part numbers of the RED trim so that she can buy them and fit them after.
just wanted to ensure you that is not just Australia, because you mentioned it can't be ordered like that here. Anyway, I am with you and I am just as frustrated at the ordering restrictions. Do you know if the aluminium/coral red is 1 part number of are they separate part numbers?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clfive02 View Post
just wanted to ensure you that is not just Australia, because you mentioned it can't be ordered like that here. Anyway, I am with you and I am just as frustrated at the ordering restrictions. Do you know if the aluminium/coral red is 1 part number of are they separate part numbers?


If the schematic on realoem is anything to go on, they will be four seperate part numbers RHD(left PN and right PN) LHD (left PN and right PN)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

The dealer's spare parts here in Brisbane does not have the info and they won't order the spare parts without a part number.

The last time I was in Cape Town RSA, the BMW dealer near Chevron spare parts people were very helpful.

Perhaps one of our Capetown friends could make an enquiry with them about this for me.
I lost the contact details of the bloke I spoke to in Spare Parts when I was there.

He sat at the desk on the RHS in Spare parts (closest to the outside of the building)

If they can provide the part number, I can collect them whilst I am there in November
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #9
donaldt
Private
2
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

having the same exact problem, what I am planning though is to remove the blue linings and spray paint them red
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #10
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

The other option
Have them wrapped in vinyl wrap as it looks more finished than paint.

If you want somthing different get then done in RED weave carbon fibre wrap
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #11
AusF20
Captain
AusF20's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
794
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

I finally found them on realoem, only thing is when you go through the sub menus for RHD the diagram shown is LHD, however it looks like the part numbers are correct for RHD as the codes are different to those if you select LHD

To look at all the trims sets
Go to realoem.com
In the columns Select: series 1' F20 118i your month RHD
then click the 'Browse parts' button
select 51 in the first drop box
select 51 30 in the second drop box
hover your mouse over the top diagram then click it
you will see the trims listed in 04 and 05

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
tawia
Second Lieutenant
tawia's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives: F21 125d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Get them wrapped at a good graphics shop. My local dealer gets interior trims wrapped for customers all the time that say buy a second car with walnut trim they get it wrapped brushed aluminium, carbon, white, red, pink, whatever. It is defiantly the best non destructive option
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST