BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > My 118i Alpine White
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
manteroo
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 BMW F20 118i Auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Town

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

My 118i Alpine White

Hi

You may remember, but BMW decided to replace my previous F20 118i Midnight Blue Metallic with a new one due to a dashboard issue and a few other issues.

I took deliver a few weeks back and decided to wait until I made a post. I have done 1000km of running in now and must say that I am totally happy with the car. Not a single issue and she runs like a dream. Spec as follows.........

1. 118i
2. Auto Steptronic 8 Speed
3. Glass sunroof - sliding
4. BMW Professional Radio upgrade with i-Drive system
5. 17 inch Turbine Rims with Bridgestone Potenza RFT's
6. Black Leather Dekota interior
7. Multi Function Steering Wheel

Pics as follows.......
Attached Images
     

Last edited by manteroo; 05-31-2012 at 03:36 AM.
manteroo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
 
Patrick BMW's Avatar
 
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cobham, England

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 125i  [4.50]
Very nice ... It looks great in white
__________________
Patrick
125i M Sport
Patrick BMW is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
 
Brenyaman's Avatar
 
Drives: F20 118i Urban
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seville, Spain

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

It looks great!
Congrats!
By the way: did you spec the white, urban trim grill?
Brenyaman is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
vladberca
Brigadier General
 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

Posts: 3,407
iTrader: (0)

Any interiour pics?
Congrats!
vladberca is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
LatinBimmer
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: X1 2013 White, F20 116i Black
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lima

Posts: 305
iTrader: (0)

Beautiful!!!!!
LatinBimmer is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
manteroo
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 BMW F20 118i Auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Town

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

The Urban Grille was an after-thought after I saw it in the flesh on another car. So I ordered it and BMW fitted it. Total cost here in S.A. plus fitment was R2100. That is about 160 GBP.

This is the most striking feature on the front of the car and makes it look absolutely classy.
manteroo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Superspeed
Captain
 
Superspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

Posts: 859
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
F20 really does look good in white!
Congrats!
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Superspeed is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
MartinHattingh
Private First Class
 
MartinHattingh's Avatar
 
Drives: 118i Urban
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cape Town

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteroo View Post
This is the most striking feature on the front of the car and makes it look absolutely classy.
MartinHattingh is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
 
WULFFZA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 411
iTrader: (0)

Come to Bellville and CY!

Grill looks good on white. Curious, if you have driven an E90 320i auto, how does a 118i feel? I rented a 320i last time I was over in SA. While it coasted fine and economy was very good I could never live with its lack of giddy up, it just would not go no matter how hard I wrung it out. Does the 118 feel more 'zippy'?
__________________
2011 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT Alpine white - saddle brown
2005 Toyota 4Runner 4WD Sport Edition Silver
WULFFZA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
AusF20
Captain
 
AusF20's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 125i M sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 725
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WULFFZA View Post
Come to Bellville and CY!

Grill looks good on white. Curious, if you have driven an E90 320i auto, how does a 118i feel? I rented a 320i last time I was over in SA. While it coasted fine and economy was very good I could never live with its lack of giddy up, it just would not go no matter how hard I wrung it out. Does the 118 feel more 'zippy'?


I also, have hired several 320i in RSA. 'Woeful' is putting it nicely

They are definately detuned in comparision to the same car sold here in Aus and elsewhere where I have hired them

It appears that the 320i built in RSA for the local market must have detuned engines in them for some reason.

I have recently driven a mates F20 118i sport and the difference is very noticeable. The 118i would eat the old 320i for breakfast. I cannot wait to get my 125I M sport (even more horses).

I don't think the 1er is being built in RSA for the local market, (there weren't any on the hire car company lists when I was there a couple of weeks back).

Good news for the RSA locals who want fire under the bonnet not hot air. Buy a 1er, Then they get the German built car.

Also the prices for the 1er are not much different to the 3er there in RSA which makes me think the new 3er is being built there (I wonder if it is detuned)

Our RSA guys can shed more light on that.
AusF20 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #11
Latito
Enlisted Member
 
Latito's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Johannesburg

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 116i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
I also, have hired several 320i in RSA. 'Woeful' is putting it nicely

They are definately detuned in comparision to the same car sold here in Aus and elsewhere where I have hired them

It appears that the 320i built in RSA for the local market must have detuned engines in them for some reason.

I have recently driven a mates F20 118i sport and the difference is very noticeable. The 118i would eat the old 320i for breakfast. I cannot wait to get my 125I M sport (even more horses).

I don't think the 1er is being built in RSA for the local market, (there weren't any on the hire car company lists when I was there a couple of weeks back).

Good news for the RSA locals who want fire under the bonnet not hot air. Buy a 1er, Then they get the German built car.

Also the prices for the 1er are not much different to the 3er there in RSA which makes me think the new 3er is being built there (I wonder if it is detuned)

Our RSA guys can shed more light on that.
Some light on the 3er in RSA...

Yes the 3er for the RSA market is built in the country, 1er is imported...

I have driven a couple of E90s here, none of which were hired. Have not driven the F30s yet. I can only say the E90s did not feel detuned at all, and they still drive better that the F20s, but not much.

There is a rumor that the 3er available for hire are somewhat detuned to some extent. That said, I am inclined to believe it now that someone who is not South African feels that its not on par with its international siblings.

Re. prices...the 1er is rather pricey, but all worth it. Comparing with the 3er, the base model of 3er is similar to a more extras packed 1er...so AusF20 is right in saying you are better off with a 1er.

It is worth noting though, that the 3er is the best selling car in its class in the country, and being manufactured locally makes it the primary profit generator for BMW SA. I do not think BMW would risk the sales by producing an inferior product against the likes of the Audi A4/A5, which by the way, are fast catching to the 3er in the market.

Also if we were to compare the price with international prices, the local price is still far more expensive. Thus, the 1er is your best option still!
Latito is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
dj john
Private First Class
 
Drives: 118d performance
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: vestfold

Posts: 196
iTrader: (0)

love the weels
dj john is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
 
SpokenHands's Avatar
 
Drives: Maserati GT + 640d GC + 116i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warwickshire, England

Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
67 mod that turns heads on AW and MW F20s

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteroo View Post
The Urban Grille was an after-thought after I saw it in the flesh on another car. So I ordered it and BMW fitted it. Total cost here in S.A. plus fitment was R2100. That is about 160 GBP.

This is the most striking feature on the front of the car and makes it look absolutely classy.

If you're considering this change: Swapping To Urban Line Kidney Grilles
You can order the [2] parts from your BMW dealership and stock arrives in 2 working days.

LEFT URBAN LINE KIDNEY GRILLE / white gloss and chrome at 33.49
Part No. 51 13 7 262119

RIGHT URBAN LINE KIDNEY GRILLE / white gloss and chrome at 33.49
Part No. 51 13 7 262120

HOW TO CHANGE THE KIDNEY GRILLE
Step-By-Step DIY instructions to swap the grilles over here http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=kidney+grille

[Requires some tools and DIY capability, its not entirely straight-fwd, but does NOT require removing the bumper whatever the dealer tells you]

OR

Ask your dealer to do the swap for you FOC (go via your sales manager)
They quoted me 150 for the 10-minute job and I burst out laughing, then they said they'd do it FOC

Hope this is helpful.
SpokenHands is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST