BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 125i feedback

06-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
sl91
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: 125i F20

F20 125i feedback

Hi,

Well, this is a small feedback after 2500 kms. My new 125i, delivered to me directly at the BMW Welt in Munich on last april 25th:

-Delivered with the ODO displaying only a small 1.2 km (really good, almost no transfers into lorries and/or trains).

-Returning from Munich to Paris area with an average 7.5 l/100kms only but mainly highways.

-My everyday typical use is an urban one with an average speed of 30km/h as showed by the onboard computer. The real consumption is about 10 l/100km in confort mode. I switch to sport mode time to time for the fun.

-I didn't (or at least not yet ?) face the rear shock absorbers ratteling problems. I have visited a german forum discussing this problem but did not understand how to identify if a particular car is concerned. My car has been produced on march 31th in the Regensburg plant.

-The car behaves very safely. The engine is very linear, the acceleration is really impressive.

-When starting with the engine being cold, the car is a little bit noisy in idle, with a typical "pfff" noise after something like 30 seconds, like if some valve or something else has been opened. Any idea ?

-The car is more easy to drive inside dense urban zones than what I have expected. I had a toyota Yaris before (a 133hp TS one).

-All my previous cars were japanese ones, so the BMW manual transmission shift was really very strange for me, i.e. very hard to switch. Now, when i drive my wife's Toyota Auris, switching gears is something like playing with jam !

-I have ordered many options. Here are the ones that I found to be the most usefull, number one being the most usefull one:

1- Pro nav. what a screen ! the software is also very user friendly
2- 6NL bluetooth system: My Google nexus S connects perfectly to the car. On another side, it is very tricky with my very new Samsung Galaxy Note.
3- Rear camera
4- Front PDC
5- Speed limit info
6- Lane departure warning (5AD): very usefull for highway driving. Operational also by night !
7- Electric mirrors
8- Sport direction (2VL)
9- Tow bar: I use a bike holder system from Thule
10- DAB radio
11- Additional 12V plugs. The car came with an amazing total of 4 plugs!

The auto AC was included in the base price

Best regards

sl91

Last edited by sl91; 06-04-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 2.0i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl91 View Post
Hi,
-All my previous cars were japanese ones, so the BMW manual transmission shift was really very strange for me, i.e. very hard to switch. Now, when i drive my wife's Toyota Auris, switching gears is something like playing with jam !
I agree fully, even though the chunky shift bothered me at first. My previous car was french, I'm now fully aware that these super-light shifters aren't close to the 1er's in precision and smoothness, especially when driving hard
Appreciate 0