BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > a/c issue ( maybe )
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
mark_gi
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: f20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: italy

iTrader: (0)

a/c issue ( maybe )

Hi.. 3 weeks ago my a/c started to switch on by itself.. it happened sometimes usually in the afternoon when the weather was hot...I couldn't manage to switch the air off because the central console was off but the air was on and the air was still on even when I switched off the car ( it stopped by itself because the car realized that the battery was running down too quickly)..bmw has just replaced 3 different a/c control units, on 3 different times.. yesterday morning ( for the third time) I picked the f20 at the bmw repair shop.. the boss said again ""now it's ok".. after noon I left the car in the hot sun and again the hot air switched on by itself ( hot air!! and no chances to me to switch it off) and again it didn't stop when I switched off the car... now my f20 is at bmw dealer again ( I think they will wait for someone from Germany).Nice car.. but I am speechless. Did anyone have similar issues?
Mark

Last edited by mark_gi; 05-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_gi View Post
Hi.. 3 weeks ago my a/c started to switch on by itself.. it happened sometimes usually in the afternoon when the weather was hot...I couldn't manage to switch the air off because the central console was off but the air was on and the air was still on even when I switched off the car ( it stopped by itself because the car realized that the battery was running down too quickly)..bmw has just replaced 3 different a/c control units, on 3 different times.. yesterday morning ( for the third time) I picked the f20 at the bmw repair shop.. the boss said again ""now it's ok".. after noon I left the car in the hot sun and again the hot air switched on by itself ( hot air!! and no chances to me to switch it off) and again it didn't stop when I switched off the car... now my f20 is at bmw dealer again ( I think they will wait for someone from Germany).Nice car.. but I am speechless. Did anyone have similar issues?
Mark
there is a recall on AC units- contact your local dealer to see if your affected
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
mark_gi
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: f20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: italy

iTrader: (0)

yes I know.. they have just replaced the main a/c unit, the resistor, a sub a/c unit... unfortunately it's not that..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Honziss
Private
2
Rep
93
Posts

 
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Czech Republic

iTrader: (0)

In the menu of idrive is possible to switch on/off ventilation with timer - haven't you this function on?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #5
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honziss View Post
In the menu of idrive is possible to switch on/off ventilation with timer - haven't you this function on?
interesting point- but because the car has been into the dealer, i would be shocked if it turned out to be this...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #6
mark_gi
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: f20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: italy

iTrader: (0)

no... already checked.. timers were both off.. not only hot air started by itself but the central console was out of control.. I mean I set temperature to 16 degree or to max and no air comes out, so I switch off the central console and sometimes after about 20 minutes air starts to come out by itself.. once happened that the car was switched off and the air stopped when I opened the left door..it seems unbelievable..

Last edited by mark_gi; 05-28-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #7
Honziss
Private
2
Rep
93
Posts

 
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Czech Republic

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
interesting point- but because the car has been into the dealer, i would be shocked if it turned out to be this...
I got experience with the knowledge of my dealer - I could be 100% sure that they have no idea, that such function is in F20...that's why I pointed this out.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
mark_gi
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: f20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: italy

iTrader: (0)

this afternoon I spoke to the dealer.. He said that it should be the air recycle system motor that sometimes goes crazy.. actually I think that the air recycle system has never worked..I will keep you posted
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
mark_gi
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: f20
Join Date: May 2012
Location: italy

iTrader: (0)

..now it seems to work: I got the can-bus cable worn out..the boss said that the interior copper was visible.. the cable was just above an aluminium part, rubbing on that because of car vibrations...so they just replaced the cable!!! I hope this could come in handy for someone. Bye bye.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST