BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Anyone driven the 116D Efficient Dynamics?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
dafila
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Anyone driven the 116D Efficient Dynamics?

Hey guys,

I have recently ordered a 116D Efficient Dynamics, but I am very curious if anybody has already driven.

The local dealers here don't have one yet to test drive.


Regards
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
cliveywolves
Private First Class
United Kingdom
6
Rep
191
Posts

 
Drives: F30 - 2013
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Staffordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

My friend did and said it performed not like a normal diesel found it little flat and not very torque.. But it is the lowest performing F20 diesel engine model you can buy i think.. Sorry
__________________
______________________________2013 F30
BMW 328i M Sport 2013,Mineral Grey,Black Dakota Leather,Eight Speed Sport Automatic Box
Sun Protection Pack,Heated Seats,Interior Comfort Pack
Extended Lighting,BMW M Performance Double-spoke 405 M Bicolor, 20" Alloys
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafila
Hey guys,

I have recently ordered a 116D Efficient Dynamics, but I am very curious if anybody has already driven.

The local dealers here don't have one yet to test drive.


Regards
It's called efficient dynamics for a reason in afraid. If your in the game for something other than great mpg, you'll need to look at other models.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
dafila
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Oh damm, Just had to choose it to save taxes .

Curious to how it differs from the normal 116d...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafila
Oh damm, Just had to choose it to save taxes .

Curious to how it differs from the normal 116d...
Drove the 116D. Wasn't bad! Whichever variant you go for, it'll be a sweet ride
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
Superspeed
Captain
Superspeed's Avatar
Norway
19
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think it will be a great car compared to the external competition. It is unfair to compare a base model to it's larger siblings.
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
Pieter90
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 118d (2008)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium, Ninove

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I wonder what chiptuning will be like on the 116d ED
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
dafila
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Yeah i was also wondering, but no info available yet I guess..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed
I think it will be a great car compared to the external competition. It is unfair to compare a base model to it's larger siblings.
I agree- but comparing the next model up with the stats of both will give a good indication
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
dafila
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

I still find it very strange that there are no real reviews yet or users that testify about the 116D ED version...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Brenyaman's Avatar
Spain
4
Rep
236
Posts

 
Drives: F20 118i Urban
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seville, Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafila View Post
I still find it very strange that there are no real reviews yet or users that testify about the 116D ED version...
Try here, it might give you some clues even though they deal with the previous 1er version...
http://www.green-car-guide.com/the-n...the-track.html
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
dafila
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

I've found this post on a french forum from a few days ago : http://www.bmw-one.com/phpbb3/viewto...=14859#p295557

That guy is really unhappy with the 116 ed. He says the second gear is terrible for accelerating, and also has trouble of passing vehicles, etc...

Anybody knows more about these issues?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Mark 1
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 116ed (efficient dynamics)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton

iTrader: (0)

116 ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafila View Post
Hey guys,

I have recently ordered a 116D Efficient Dynamics, but I am very curious if anybody has already driven.

The local dealers here don't have one yet to test drive.


Regards
Hi

We've had our 116ed for 1 month now and done 2500 miles in it already...gulp!. Its great and tho its the lowest powered in the range, it goes better than I'd expected. We also couldn't test drive one before buying so I drove a 116i and 116d (both 2.0 litre). Its definitely not as torquee as the 116d but in Sport mode goes really well. It'll sit at 80 on the motorway at just over 2000 revs beautifully and is obviously super efficient, though where BMW (and all car manufacturers) get their mpg figures from, god only knows. 75 mpg is no where near right. The best I've had is 65 driving only in the efficient dynamics mode (which we do most of the time...but at 80 on the motorway!).

We went for leather trim and the Harmon Kardon stereo (amazing!) with DAB radio to make up for the fact that really we'd love the 120d or M. Compared to all the alternatives out there - Audi A3, Golf, Volvo V50 etc, I am glad we went for it as it drives beautifully. I think I've changed my driving style since having it, as in ED mode, it reminds you when is best to change gear - slower but more chilled and cheaper

Good luck with it....

Mark
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
Fran88
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: F20 116d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys,

I'm about to press the button on ordering a new 116d ED tomorrow, and was wondering if you think the deal I have been offered below is any good?

Metallic Paint
Sun Protection package
Five year Service (Service Inclusive)
GAP protection (Guaranteed Asset Protection)
Supaguard (exterior & interior protection)

Deposit 」304
Monthly Payments 」298 over 4 years

Final payment 」8444

Any thoughts would be appreciated, i had to work hard for this!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #15
HighlandPete
Brigadier General
56
Rep
4,684
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1 View Post
... though where BMW (and all car manufacturers) get their mpg figures from, god only knows. 75 mpg is no where near right. The best I've had is 65 driving only in the efficient dynamics mode (which we do most of the time...but at 80 on the motorway!).
I take it that you are not really serious, that you expect more than 65mpg at 80mph? Try 60mph and see what you get then. You have a Drag (cD) figure of 0.3, so nothing special these days, so speed is still your enemy.

There is nothing in the official test regime that indicates good figures at speed. It is all about driving light in easy conditions. And of course where the ED gets it's figures from.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
dafila
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1 View Post
Hi

We've had our 116ed for 1 month now and done 2500 miles in it already...gulp!. Its great and tho its the lowest powered in the range, it goes better than I'd expected. We also couldn't test drive one before buying so I drove a 116i and 116d (both 2.0 litre). Its definitely not as torquee as the 116d but in Sport mode goes really well. It'll sit at 80 on the motorway at just over 2000 revs beautifully and is obviously super efficient, though where BMW (and all car manufacturers) get their mpg figures from, god only knows. 75 mpg is no where near right. The best I've had is 65 driving only in the efficient dynamics mode (which we do most of the time...but at 80 on the motorway!).

...
Its strange that you say that its less torquee as the engine has the same amount of torque as the normal 116d . Its 260nm so should be the same...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran88
Hi guys,

I'm about to press the button on ordering a new 116d ED tomorrow, and was wondering if you think the deal I have been offered below is any good?

Metallic Paint
Sun Protection package
Five year Service (Service Inclusive)
GAP protection (Guaranteed Asset Protection)
Supaguard (exterior & interior protection)

Deposit テつ」304
Monthly Payments テつ」298 over 4 years

Final payment テつ」8444

Any thoughts would be appreciated, i had to work hard for this!

Thanks!
Sounds ok!

My deal, for comparison is:

116i M Sport
Estoril Blue
Full Black Display Panel
Sun Protection Package
Service Inclusive

Deposit: テつ」475
Monthly: テつ」326 over 4 years
Final payment: テつ」9,600
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST