BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > M sport 120d Mineral Grey
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
As1000
Private
7
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: Honda
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

M sport 120d Mineral Grey

Received my M sport 120d yesterday. I have taken some pictures and will try to post them over the next couple of days. So far I am very pleased with the looks and performance. It really does look different to the standard sport model. The options that I chose were Leather interior, xenon headlights, black panel display and BMW loudspeaker upgrade. Sport Auto gear box is really smooth and performance is brilliant. I also find it quite good in Eco pro although there is a big difference in the modes. As some of you may be aware I had concerns about the m sport suspension being too firm/stiff. The dealer had convinced me not to have this removed and I am so glad that I didn't as it is perfect. It is very comfortable compared to what I imagined it would be. Some people have complained about the BMW loudspeaker upgrade. I have found this to be very good. Obviously it is not as good as HK system but still good and loud. The black panel display was an excellent choice as you get the digital Eco pro display and it looks a lot better than the standard display. I am glad that I did not opt for the sat nav as you get the idrive/screen and with the black panel display I don't feel I am really missing anything. I have also seen posts on here complaining about not being able to see the drivers display, however, I have not had any issues with this even with the m sport steering being slightly smaller. I will get to experience the car properly on the weekend and will try to get some photos posted as soon as possible. Glad I chose mineral grey as too many black cars on the road.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
eezzee
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
330
Posts

 
Drives: F20
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like an excellent combination. Look forward to the photos.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
Subnasty
Private First Class
Subnasty's Avatar
Poland
17
Rep
199
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 125i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: internet

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Subnasty
thanks for this short review, cant wait see those pictures
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
Fanis
Lieutenant
Fanis's Avatar
Greece
10
Rep
484
Posts

 
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congratulations!!! Keep us posted about your exprerience.
__________________
2011- : BMW 116i (F20)
2009-11: BMW Z4 2.5si (E85)
2007-09: Mini Cooper S (R56)
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 03:46 AM   #5
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
Blue Bottle's Avatar
Netherlands
7
Rep
532
Posts

 
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near Heerlen

iTrader: (0)

Hope you enjoy, cant wait to see the photo's...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
jonaliew
Private
jonaliew's Avatar
Singapore
4
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: F20, 118i sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Congrats. Look forward to seeing photos!
__________________
2014 - BMW 220i M Sport Package Estoril Blue

2012 - BMW 118i sport (F20)
Kraft kommt von Kraftstoff. Mit dem Herz in der Hand und der Leidenschaft im Tank
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Superspeed
Captain
Superspeed's Avatar
Norway
19
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congrats! Your car is similar to the one I am waiting for
I did take the Navi pro and HK though. I plan to keep the car for a while as my city commuter and I am sick and tired of not finding the most efficient way through city traffic!

Be happy and post pictures soon to shorten other peoples waiting time here
__________________
[SIGPIC]"Never a boring car"
Some X'es: BMW Z3 2.8, DeTomaso Pantera, Porsche 928s, BMW 732i, BMW 323i, BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
As1000
Private
7
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: Honda
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Smile M SPort F20 Mineral Grey Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by As1000 View Post
Received my M sport 120d yesterday. I have taken some pictures and will try to post them over the next couple of days. So far I am very pleased with the looks and performance. It really does look different to the standard sport model. The options that I chose were Leather interior, xenon headlights, black panel display and BMW loudspeaker upgrade. Sport Auto gear box is really smooth and performance is brilliant. I also find it quite good in Eco pro although there is a big difference in the modes. As some of you may be aware I had concerns about the m sport suspension being too firm/stiff. The dealer had convinced me not to have this removed and I am so glad that I didn't as it is perfect. It is very comfortable compared to what I imagined it would be. Some people have complained about the BMW loudspeaker upgrade. I have found this to be very good. Obviously it is not as good as HK system but still good and loud. The black panel display was an excellent choice as you get the digital Eco pro display and it looks a lot better than the standard display. I am glad that I did not opt for the sat nav as you get the idrive/screen and with the black panel display I don't feel I am really missing anything. I have also seen posts on here complaining about not being able to see the drivers display, however, I have not had any issues with this even with the m sport steering being slightly smaller. I will get to experience the car properly on the weekend and will try to get some photos posted as soon as possible. Glad I chose mineral grey as too many black cars on the road.


Here are some photos. I have compressed them so image quality is not the same as original
Attached Images
             
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
ATX78703
Major
22
Rep
1,001
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Very nice!! does the sports auto come with paddle shifters?
__________________
2014 335i RWD: ZMM, ZDA, ZDH, ZPP, ZTP, 2NH, 2TB, 5DL; Z4A MPPK; AW ext / VB int

2014 ML350: P01, R33, 297, 319, 846, 864, 889, 996; LB ext / AB int
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
As1000
Private
7
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: Honda
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703
Very nice!! does the sports auto come with paddle shifters?
Yes. The standard auto doesn't but the sport auto does.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
bimmer man
Lieutenant
Norway
13
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: 640i Convertible, 518d lci
Join Date: May 2008
Location: norway, kristiansund

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 640i  [5.00]
Congratulations on your new car, nice oh yeah
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
Subnasty
Private First Class
Subnasty's Avatar
Poland
17
Rep
199
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F20 125i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: internet

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Subnasty
great choice with the color, looks outstanding!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #13
vladberca
Brigadier General
vladberca's Avatar
Romania
39
Rep
3,778
Posts

 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

iTrader: (0)

I like this color very much too! Congrats! Awesome combo!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
Carto4
Private First Class
5
Rep
108
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes 190E 2.3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Andorra

iTrader: (0)

Estoril Blue is an amazing color, but the second one I think its this one!

Could you tell us ur opinion about the engine and gearbox?

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
As1000
Private
7
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: Honda
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carto4
Estoril Blue is an amazing color, but the second one I think its this one!

Could you tell us ur opinion about the engine and gearbox?

Congrats!
Engine and gearbox is excellent. Very smooth drive. Gear change almost seamless and the engine is very responsive although I'm taking it a little easy at the moment as I have only covered 250 miles. I do like Estoril blue but feel that it would be too bright for an every day car. I think mineral grey is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
Carto4
Private First Class
5
Rep
108
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes 190E 2.3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Andorra

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by As1000 View Post
Engine and gearbox is excellent. Very smooth drive. Gear change almost seamless and the engine is very responsive although I'm taking it a little easy at the moment as I have only covered 250 miles. I do like Estoril blue but feel that it would be too bright for an every day car. I think mineral grey is perfect.
Totally agree with you with the color, but I think that in mineral gray it losses agressivity front to the estoril blue, although gray it's a much more clean color (hard to see dirt in gray cars, not in blue ones)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #17
Petoz
New Member
Petoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Birmingham

iTrader: (0)

Hey AS1000. I'm looking to order a 3 door 1 series m sport as soon as possible, and am currently trying to decide on colour. I think grey is currently winning. Do you have any more pictures you could post?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
As1000
Private
7
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: Honda
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoz
Hey AS1000. I'm looking to order a 3 door 1 series m sport as soon as possible, and am currently trying to decide on colour. I think grey is currently winning. Do you have any more pictures you could post?

Thanks
I will try to get more pictures up if I get a chance on the weekend. However the pictures do not do it justice. As I said previously Estoril Blue is a great colour but difficult to live with long term and not to everyones taste. A little too bright in my opinion. I believe this is mineral grey is a great colour and makes the car look more executive.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #19
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
33
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 116i F20 Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech Send a message via Skype™ to iBeech
http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/attac...1&d=1332955428

I LOVE the full black panel- so glad i added it

congrats on the car- beautiful!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
skippy88
Private
skippy88's Avatar
Wales
2
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: 118i M Sport, Alpine White
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newport UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Car looks great in Mineral Grey-congrats and enjoy
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #21
bimmer852
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: F20 118i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: HKG

iTrader: (0)

yes nice color indeed i amended from jet black to mineral grey. good choice. estoril blue looks stunning....but i'm not sure for everyday drive....it's just SHARP!....(maybe can get bored of)......

my 118 comes in 6 weeks
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
Carto4
Private First Class
5
Rep
108
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes 190E 2.3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Andorra

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer852 View Post
yes nice color indeed i amended from jet black to mineral grey. good choice. estoril blue looks stunning....but i'm not sure for everyday drive....it's just SHARP!....(maybe can get bored of)......

my 118 comes in 6 weeks
I really think the same...it's and awesome colour, but I don't know at the end... a part from this, grey is a very clean colour (I really hate dirt cars), and I'm not sure "how clean" blue can be.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST