BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Clutch Judder when setting off

Yesterday, 06:57 AM   #1
dreamweaver
Private

Drives: BMW F20 Msport

Clutch Judder when setting off

Just been in to the local dealers for a few warranty bit's, one thing I asked them to look at it is now and again when setting off I get a judder when releasing the clutch, they couldn't find fault, but said they replaced and oxygen sensor, don't see how the two re related but still doing it.

Is it just time to rebook and see of put up with it or is this a design perk of the car itself.
dreamweaver is offline   United Kingdom
      Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #2
dape90
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 F20 118i M-Sport

I have exactly the same problem with my car. I raised this with the dealership when it went in 2 weeks ago for some 'enhancement' or what we would call a warranty recall work!
Anyway, they could not recreate the issue and from what I can feel through the pedal I reckon this is following the exactly the same path as my old 3 series (e90). And that led to a new clutch and flywheel under warranty.
So for now I will let the problem get worse as discussed with the dealership.

Let me know of you have any better luck with this.

D
dape90 is offline   United Kingdom
      Today, 06:10 PM   #3
DLB800
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2013 125i M-Sport EB MT

I have noticed this starting to occur on my car too (125i). Its mainly on startup when everything is cold. Once things warm up it seems to disappear.....haven't talked to the dealer about it yet as its only happened a fee times.

Are you having the same experience?
      Today, 08:32 PM   #4
bennzwel
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2013 F20 Edition 30

Weird that I am experiencing very similar thing but on a totally different car . 116i auto ...