BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New Spyvideo of the 1 Series Hatchback (F20) on the Nurburgring
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Mark's Avatar
United_States
1867
Rep
4,004
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
New Spyvideo of the 1 Series Hatchback (F20) on the Nurburgring

BIMMERPOST NEWS
New spyvideo of the 1 Series Hatchback (F20) on the Nurburgring
20
COMMENTS

The forthcoming 1-Series (F20) was recently spied making its way onto the famed Nurburgring as part of BMW's standard development and testing process for all its vehicles. Now the same car has been caught on video.

You can very nicely see how taut the car's suspension is setup, this car should be a real blast to drive fast. From the visual point of view, the car has the same level of camoflage as in the previous set of pictures, but it is nice to see the new nose job and headlamp cluster design in living motion.

For those that like to scrutinze the finer details, make sure to check out the high resolution photos in the spyshot thread.

The F20 itself is rumored to be released in full within the next month, of course we will bring you all the photos the moment the car comes out!



__________________
The new beast. BMW M5.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Diver
Colonel
Diver's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
2,880
Posts

 
Drives: Black '12 135i DCT PPK Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Awesome!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Kg810's Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
230
Posts

 
Drives: .:R32
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB

iTrader: (6)

Sigh.... Bring this to NA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
keanu1
tiamat
keanu1's Avatar
Romania
27
Rep
1,313
Posts

 
Drives: 525 d
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: romania

iTrader: (0)

wow!! fast driving!! looks very good on the track!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Frank J
Banned
Frank J's Avatar
1
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami-Dade

iTrader: (0)

They should bring this to the USA.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
Brad135
Private First Class
Brad135's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
114
Posts

 
Drives: AW 135i 2009
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Piedmont Triad, NC

iTrader: (0)

Angry Birds

I must be playing too much Angry Birds because I see a mustached pig.

I'll be glad when they get the camo off.

Otherwise the car looks really tight and well set up.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
shanecarmaster1's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
531
Posts

 
Drives: e90 325i, F01 750Li, e38 740i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Looks like the Ultimate Driving Machine is back!!
__________________
A BMW can be described in one simple, yet true statement, "From the outside you don't understand, from the inside you can't explain." How true is THAT?!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
wilstave
Legend
wilstave's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
197
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M Performance 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

that is BAD ASS....bring to Canada!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
d3l0n's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,279
Posts

 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
kinda looks like E60 5 Series headlights.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
Yogijet
Lieutenant
British Virgin Islands
6
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Palms Valley

iTrader: (0)

It does look like quite the handler doesn't it. If that's how it'll come 'out the box' that should be fantastic.
__________________

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,838
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
The F20 itself is rumored to be released in full within the next month, of course we will bring you all the photos the moment the car comes out!
Excellent - can't wait to learn all the details about this car.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
My E90
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 6MT SSII
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Floorida

iTrader: (2)

I wonder if they were testing a sports package suspension. It seems pretty composed on the track.
__________________
'13 M3 E92 SSII | 6MT | ZCP | ZPP | EPS | NAV | MPE | ED & PCD
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
Evice
Major
Evice's Avatar
24
Rep
1,432
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 128i M-sport and '98 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere here

iTrader: (1)

wow thru that high speed turns, and braking, car looks really really well composed!
__________________
-- '09 BSM 128i - '98 E36 M3 - BMWCR IS #718
BMWCCA Instructor & 2013,2014 BMWCR I-Sport National Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/alisalih
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
690
Rep
16,668
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Nice video. I have run across a few of these early R&D cars on the autbahn. They are almost always driving very slow 100 to 130 kph range. What always impresses me is how they look like the old model in certain angles... but the whole car is MUCH larger than the current e87/e81 hatch. This new F20 is almost as big as an e90 3er. I do like this new F20 model. I can't wait until performance models start showing up around my neck of the Autobahn.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
deshields
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 2009M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Modesto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Nice video. I have run across a few of these early R&D cars on the autbahn. They are almost always driving very slow 100 to 130 kph range. What always impresses me is how they look like the old model in certain angles... but the whole car is MUCH larger than the current e87/e81 hatch. This new F20 is almost as big as an e90 3er. I do like this new F20 model. I can't wait until performance models start showing up around my neck of the Autobahn.
Would you say its closer to the E46 or the E90 in size?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #16
MDivPower
Private First Class
MDivPower's Avatar
Egypt
1
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: mk4 Jetta
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cairo

iTrader: (0)

this car is very composed around the corners!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Schnorbitz's Avatar
Scotland
5
Rep
234
Posts

 
Drives: 318d
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Very disappointing, looks identical to existing car, only 5% bigger. Why does every subsequent generation of a car always have to be bigger??

I think BMW have missed a trick here, IMO they should've made the car 4 pot only and shortened that bonnet, sorry, hood by 10 inches (by extending the cabin), hey presto a much better proportioned car which is lighter and thus more nimble too. Leave 6 pots to the 3 series and have something for owners to aspire to.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #18
Remonster
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
946
Posts

 
Drives: M3 6MT VT2-625 - 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorbitz View Post
Very disappointing, looks identical to existing car, only 5% bigger. Why does every subsequent generation of a car always have to be bigger??

I think BMW have missed a trick here, IMO they should've made the car 4 pot only and shortened that bonnet, sorry, hood by 10 inches (by extending the cabin), hey presto a much better proportioned car which is lighter and thus more nimble too. Leave 6 pots to the 3 series and have something for owners to aspire to.
WTF? My last car was an E90, I got the E82 135i because I wanted the big turbo six in a smaller package, I find my E82 to be about the perfect size (actually, I wish it was a little shorter in terms of height but I barely fit in it as it is I have my power seats all the way down and I bump my head on the roof every now and then) but in terms of handling it is just such a great size.

Other reasons I got the 135i over a 335i: Way better brakes, mechanical power steering, short shift kit comes standard...the list goes on, I hope they continue this tradition with the F20 but if not I wouldn't mind driving my 135i until the day I die.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
Lexxeech
1addict
Lexxeech's Avatar
Latvia
4
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 135i // BMW X3 M 3.0d F25
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Riga, Latvia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Lexxeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
WTF? My last car was an E90, I got the E82 135i because I wanted the big turbo six in a smaller package, I find my E82 to be about the perfect size (actually, I wish it was a little shorter in terms of height but I barely fit in it as it is I have my power seats all the way down and I bump my head on the roof every now and then) but in terms of handling it is just such a great size.

Other reasons I got the 135i over a 335i: Way better brakes, mechanical power steering, short shift kit comes standard...the list goes on, I hope they continue this tradition with the F20 but if not I wouldn't mind driving my 135i until the day I die.
I second this. I've sold my 325i E90 to get 135i and I'm 100% satisfied with this car. I do think about getting an X3 for winter purposes, but I'm not planning to sell 135i.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST