BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 125i M-sport ordered

01-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #23
Michael457
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M125i

O and the sports automatic transmission, I only have the automatic
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #24
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael457 View Post
Im in CPT hey unfortunately for me I wanted my car in 3 days so I just took one that was already made

I have bmw 125i 5 door: Xenons, sunroof, sapphire metallic black, m sports pack, 18inch allow rims, headlamp washer, pdc rear.

Really wish I could have added - HK sound system, full Bluetooth ( as i only have the hands free ) and the m sports breaks.
Oops just saw I wrote 25 march not 25 jan! Doubt I'll get it much before the end of march though so its quite a wait. They had a couple cars in the country already that has similar spec when I was ordering, but I'm in no actual rush so I figured let me just wait and get what I want

Sounds like a pimping car you got there though. All the major foodgroups seem ticked, you gotta have xenons, both from an aesthetic and functionality point of view.

What about that alpine afterfit that guys are talking about Re the H/K sound? At least it keeps it OEM and no problems with the motorplan if something goes wrong?

Yeah climate control is a must for me, I actually use it as intended, leave it on auto at 23 degrees. So many people put it on its lowest setting in summer and then keep turning the airflow up and down and the aircon on and off constantly! Well I suppose not a must, you can fine tune it if you turn the "heat" up just a little then run the aircon, the air comes out at a nice temp.

But otherwise it sounds pimp! Haven't seen a black one yet but I can imagine it must be mean! Unfortunately I've owned a couple black cars and they've broken my heart trying to keep them looking at the top of their game all the time.

How do you find the alcantara/cloth? I've only just sat in a car with it briefly. I thought its really pimp though, maybe would have preferred alcantara to cloth on the door panels, but now I'm just being OCD! If I added leather I would have added heated seats, money flows like water when speccing these cars. again standard on the GTI and you can never go back when it comes to toys! (so don't buy cars with high spec as standard unless you not planning on the next one being a bmw!!!)

Nav my mom actually pushed me into, cause she's had it on all her cars and says why you gonna spend all that money and you obsessing over the colour of the stitching on the seats, and the little blue strip on the dash, and then stick a tomtom on your dash. It was only R10k, not R14k odd like the price list says. I think because idrive comes as standard on the 125i they've taken off money because of that.

If you ever drive up to jhb or I take mine down to CT we should hook up, hang out and do a little photo shoot! Think they'll look proper pimp together!

Last edited by diesel20; 01-15-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #25
Michael457
Private
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel20 View Post
Oops just saw I wrote 25 march not 25 jan! Doubt I'll get it much before the end of march though so its quite a wait. They had a couple cars in the country already that has similar spec when I was ordering, but I'm in no actual rush so I figured let me just wait and get what I want

Sounds like a pimping car you got there though. All the major foodgroups seem ticked, you gotta have xenons, both from an aesthetic and functionality point of view.

What about that alpine afterfit that guys are talking about Re the H/K sound? At least it keeps it OEM and no problems with the motorplan if something goes wrong?

Yeah climate control is a must for me, I actually use it as intended, leave it on auto at 23 degrees. So many people put it on its lowest setting in summer and then keep turning the airflow up and down and the aircon on and off constantly! Well I suppose not a must, you can fine tune it if you turn the "heat" up just a little then run the aircon, the air comes out at a nice temp.

But otherwise it sounds pimp! Haven't seen a black one yet but I can imagine it must be mean! Unfortunately I've owned a couple black cars and they've broken my heart trying to keep them looking at the top of their game all the time.

How do you find the alcantara/cloth? I've only just sat in a car with it briefly. I thought its really pimp though, maybe would have preferred alcantara to cloth on the door panels, but now I'm just being OCD! If I added leather I would have added heated seats, money flows like water when speccing these cars. again standard on the GTI and you can never go back when it comes to toys! (so don't buy cars with high spec as standard unless you not planning on the next one being a bmw!!!)

Nav my mom actually pushed me into, cause she's had it on all her cars and says why you gonna spend all that money and you obsessing over the colour of the stitching on the seats, and the little blue strip on the dash, and then stick a tomtom on your dash. It was only R10k, not R14k odd like the price list says. I think because idrive comes as standard on the 125i they've taken off money because of that.

If you ever drive up to jhb or I take mine down to CT we should hook up, hang out and do a little photo shoot! Think they'll look proper pimp together!
Ya man its a lovely car and i cant complain the power is fantastic, put it in sport mode and you can pretty much take any car or at least keep up with them

So you saying theres an after fit? Mhm never knew about that, enlighten me man? curious about that

With regards to the normal standard aircon I underestimated it, its pretty good and coming from a cooper S with climate control theres not much difference for me so ive settled on the standard. Sorry I forgot to mention that I do have black leather in the car, not a fan of cloth and I have the blue stripe that runs across the dash. Looks very pretty With regards to car washing, yea im in like 1-2 times a week, but i have this guy that does it for me for like R50 so its all good That is true, spec-ing these cars is a pricy business :/ Well if the mom says you must, then you must :P... Well you can always give me a shout when you coming around, dont often drive to JHB.... Keep well man, its a fantastic car
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #26
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael457
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel20 View Post

Ya man its a lovely car and i cant complain the power is fantastic, put it in sport mode and you can pretty much take any car or at least keep up with them

So you saying theres an after fit? Mhm never knew about that, enlighten me man? curious about that

With regards to the normal standard aircon I underestimated it, its pretty good and coming from a cooper S with climate control theres not much difference for me so ive settled on the standard. Sorry I forgot to mention that I do have black leather in the car, not a fan of cloth and I have the blue stripe that runs across the dash. Looks very pretty With regards to car washing, yea im in like 1-2 times a week, but i have this guy that does it for me for like R50 so its all good That is true, spec-ing these cars is a pricy business :/ Well if the mom says you must, then you must :P... Well you can always give me a shout when you coming around, dont often drive to JHB.... Keep well man, its a fantastic car
I've just heard about the aftermarket alpine system. Ask on the forum as I don't know much about it. Think I heard from one of the other S.A members it's about R9k dealer fitted.

If it was just cloth I would have gone for leather, but its this alcantara/cloth mix, with blue stitching, also have the blue dash strip so my interior is colour coded to the exterior

But also a really nice touch to add a bit of m-sport flavor to the interior regardless of exterior colour! And it matches the key you got the M specific hexagon metal trim?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #27
Michael457
Private
South Africa
Rep

Yes i do man
Appreciate 0