BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > THE WALKING DEAD: Ongoing spoilers/discussion Thread

02-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up THE WALKING DEAD: Ongoing spoilers/discussion Thread

Wow... Where do I begin? Last nights new year premier (season 6: episode 9) was pretty EPIC! I will go as far as to say, it was THE Best episode ever IMO! Lot's to discuss including 'Negan' (yet to be seen) who I hear will make the Governor look like a boy scout. But so much win!

*Huge Spoilers Below*

I just knew that lil kid was gonna fug things all up with his whiny lil ass! So it was gratifying to see him munched. But what was F'd up was seeing Jessie (kids mom) getting attacked and killed. I really felt bad for Rick as their relationship was blossoming. And then that sorry bastard, her older son, decided to go nuts, again, and kill Rick. But instead Carl gets shot in the friggin eye and will ow be a pirate.

But let's go back to the very begining of the episode where Negan's bikers had Daryl & co held off and about to be captured or worse. Daryl went Ahhhhnold on their asses with a rocket launcher!

And then the epic "mayhem" when all of Alexandria decided to go on a "walker slaughter"!

So yeah, not since the epic Prison scene from Episode 4 when the Governor was killed, have I seen this much sheer action!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 10-26-2016 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

I have to say, I don't know if this episode was as great as you say. I was a little disappointed and felt like I was left hanging after the 3 or 4 month mid season break they took. I just don't know if I like where this show is going anymore. I feel like they are at the point where they are out of ideas and just hanging on for as long as possible before it gets cancelled. Every episode is the same these days, there is no character development or anything that makes the characters feel human anymore. They are just existing at this point, and every episode is a different struggle they have to overcome, then they will have a new struggle tomorrow..fml it's getting old.

Things that irked me about this episode:

1. I have no issues with them killing off that whiny little shit, but the boys mom? Come on..my guess is that they never intended for her to go out like that, but she wanted to leave the show so they had to write her death in somehow, and that was the BS they came up with. Either way, she was one of the only seemingly real characters left, and to top it off she was attractive, and they went and killed her off 5 minutes into the episode. What a fucking disappointment.

2. Well it finally happened, "Coral" got shot in the head. It's about time. But wait, what's that? He's alive! (FML, now every time we see Carl he's going to be wearing an eye patch. I'm going to call him "Mini-Governor" from now on. Oh, and the whole gunshot wound to the eye/living through it and the way they portrayed it was fake as fuck. Just saying..

3. The whole episode was just one big bloodbath, and then..it was over. They took back Alexandria, and it ended. WTF man, really? You made me wait 4 months during a mid season break just to come back and give us this nonsense in the 1st episode? When the credits rolled, I literally said "that's it?" I felt like there should've been another 20 minutes in this episode.

Ill keep watching. Been watching since Season one, but if they don't get their shit together I'm not going to enjoy it in the slightest.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I stopped watching about mid-way through the fall 2015 run for the reasons noted above. Just lost interest and Glenn surviving was going too far for me. It was a great show for a long time - probably longer than anyone expected.
      02-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Well considering the first 8 episodes of season 8 were a "bore fest" I will take last nights episode every week! Sure, we can ALWAYS find something to nit-pick, but overall, (and the critics out there seem to agree) it was pretty great.
      02-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Well considering the first 8 episodes of season 8 were a "bore fest" I will take last nights episode every week! Sure, we can ALWAYS find something to nit-pick, but overall, (and the critics out there seem to agree) it was pretty great.
I agree TX. I loved the episode. Sucks to see Jesse go (I'm still in love with her from the first season AHS), but people have to die in this show. And it doesn't seem like they're ready to kill off the main cast members. Daryl going all Rambo and shit with the launcher was awesome. The walker slaughter was really intense. I don't think Negan will be happy that a lot of his men were killed.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I agree TX. I loved the episode. Sucks to see Jesse go (I'm still in love with her from the first season AHS), but people have to die in this show. And it doesn't seem like they're ready to kill off the main cast members. Daryl going all Rambo and shit with the launcher was awesome. The walker slaughter was really intense. I don't think Negan will be happy that a lot of his men were killed.
      02-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #7
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
I loved it!

In fact, I was disappointed when it ended. The first interlude set the tone for an action-packed episode.

I did know that the little boy was going to die when he froze up but the mom dying was both unexpected and unnecessary. I won't even discuss Carl getting shot in the eye and living at close range.

The lake of fire was awesome and finally going after the walkers was a long-overdue missed plot point. They should have set up a funnel system and killed them one-at-a-time when when they were at the quarry.

I can't wait until the next episode!

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #8
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I loved it!

In fact, I was disappointed when it ended. The first interlude set the tone for an action-packed episode.

I did know that the little boy was going to die when he froze up but the mom dying was both unexpected and unnecessary. I won't even discuss Carl getting shot in the eye and living at close range.

The lake of fire was awesome and finally going after the walkers was a long-overdue missed plot point. They should have set up a funnel system and killed them one-at-a-time when when they were at the quarry.

Cheers-mk
THIS!

Ad the guy who will be playing Negan is AWESOME!!!

http://www.etonline.com/news/175732_...an_glenn_fate/

If you watched the epic original series on Starz: MAGIC CITY, then you know this guy can act!
      02-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #9
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
THIS!

Ad the guy who will be playing Negan is AWESOME!!!

http://www.etonline.com/news/175732_...an_glenn_fate/

If you watched the epic original series on Starz: MAGIC CITY, then you know this guy can act!
Yes!
He played the John Winchester in Supernatural, as well and a bunch of other great roles.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I loved it!

Cheers-mk
I caught part of the Talking Dead last night. They were explaining the logic how Carl could survive a gunshot to the face/eye. The logic is the angle of the shot in reference to his head. The one guy was saying the idea was the bullet hit Carl's eye at an angle where it hit his eye but hit the outside part of the orbital bone exiting out of the side of his head.

I'm also disappointed to see the mom gone too. Don't know if the writers are reinforcing most characters on the show are not safe. Didn't think the actress for the mom wanted out of the show based on her interview on the Talking Dead last year.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I thought it was great and thoroughly enjoyed the episode! Wall to wall action even though I already knew ahead of time much of what was going to happen.

The ONE thing I wondered about however, is how quick it went from day to night right before the family got munched on and Coral got shot. We see them in the middle of day going out of the house, then they stand by the lake in the middle of the day when Gabriel takes Judith, cut to commercial, and then it's pitch black when they're walking around again. Wtf was that all about lol?!?

I have a feeling they're setting up Abraham to be the shocking season ending death at the hands of Negan/Lucille. I still think Glen and Daryl are untouchable fan favorites, Rick/Coral/and Michonne aren't going anywhere, and I think Carol/Morgan's story arcs are going to take them away from the first encounter with Negan/Lucille which we see.

I think Abraham is going to be the one, though I'd love to see it be Maggie. The death needs to be of a very early character (she was season 2) for shock effect, and flipping her death with Glen's from the comic would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #12
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I caught part of the Talking Dead last night. They were explaining the logic how Carl could survive a gunshot to the face/eye. The logic is the angle of the shot in reference to his head. The one guy was saying the idea was the bullet hit Carl's eye at an angle where it hit his eye but hit the outside part of the orbital bone exiting out of the side of his head.

I'm also disappointed to see the mom gone too. Don't know if the writers are reinforcing most characters on the show are not safe. Didn't think the actress for the mom wanted out of the show based on her interview on the Talking Dead last year.
I did, as well. I just didn't like the explanation. All in all the episode was great and I can't wait until the next one.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #13
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

I thought it was a great episode. One of the more satisfying episodes where there was a lot of suspense, a good deal of action, but more importantly, closure to several storylines. That was the best part I think. How many mini-story arcs did they close? - Glenn saves Maggie, W changes kind of, Morgan kills kind of (W was a zombie by then), Carol/Morgan confrontation - I think foreshadowing another future fatal showdown, Gabriel manning up, Zombies cleared, Daryl and crew finally get back to Alexandria, etc. A lot happened in one show.

The best part for me was that I was so sick and tired of the Alexandrians after Jesse's dysfunctional family almost got everyone killed. Really annoyed at the whole lot of them. When they (Alexandrians) came out to fight the zombies, I was surprised and my opinion of them turned. Maybe there was some value to the whole last season of dealing with these morons.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #14
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
I thought it was a great episode. One of the more satisfying episodes where there was a lot of suspense, a good deal of action, but more importantly, closure to several storylines. That was the best part I think. How many mini-story arcs did they close? - Glenn saves Maggie, W changes kind of, Morgan kills kind of (W was a zombie by then), Carol/Morgan confrontation - I think foreshadowing another future fatal showdown, Gabriel manning up, Zombies cleared, Daryl and crew finally get back to Alexandria, etc. A lot happened in one show.

The best part for me was that I was so sick and tired of the Alexandrians after Jesse's dysfunctional family almost got everyone killed. Really annoyed at the whole lot of them. When they (Alexandrians) came out to fight the zombies, I was surprised and my opinion of them turned. Maybe there was some value to the whole last season of dealing with these morons.
      02-16-2016, 02:51 PM   #15
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Knew Glenn would be saved...it's getting to be a joke how they make him "almost" die constantly.

Carl basically gets shot in the face, gets a couple stitches, and he's fine? He sucks as an actor anyway and I was hoping he was off the show.

The characters they killed were fringe and annoying anyway.

I think the producers realized the show was sucking ass with all the new characters and they realized they needed to get the "original gang" back together. Too many episodes where main characters were completely missing.

Decent first episode, but nothing really shocking happened...no one of any significance died and nothing really happened except stuff that's happened before.

WE ARE MAKING A STAND...WE ARE TAKING THIS PLACE BACK....Let's reunite Glenn and Maggie, old..., Daryl is a badass, let's fight some zombies. It's not that it's terrible, it's just we've seen all of this before. This is textbook storyline going on too long and they are starting to repeat. There is no clear direction anymore. Gabriel is a stupid story.

Yawn, yawn, yawn, snoozer.

I LOVED Walking Dead seasons 1-4....season 5 was awful and I hope they can make 6 a little more like prior seasons.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:34 PM   #16
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Redemption. Even the intro was action packed. I guess most missed the car in the background. Someone was watching them. Sad they killed the MILF. This episode had a lot of action. I hope they can keep it up but I doubt it. It will probably slow to crawl again.
      02-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #17
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

To inter-twine 2 of my current favorite shows: The X-Files last episode had a bit about words becoming actions then went magic mushroom and all was well. Carol's words to the little twerp became action that resulted in feeding as well, albeit of a differing kind, but with similar saving characteristics.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #18
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

I was hoping that Glen would finally get killed off, but no, they saved him from the impossible yet again. Also wouldn't the bullets just fly right through rotting zombies and hit Glen right behind them...

Otherwise was a decent start that will now turn into 3 episodes of nothing. lol
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 02:17 PM   #19
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I understand something EPIC is gonna take place tonight...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #20
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

I bought the 3rd compendium last week.....I wouldn't be surprised if the show didn't slow roll the whole Negan saga the way they did the Governor. That's sad.
      02-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #21
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
I understand something EPIC is gonna take place tonight...
Can't wait, I haven't been keeping up with the gossip much due to my heavy workload.

I bet it has something to do with Paul "Jesus" Monroe? He's a major character in the comics and his appearance should be coming along anytime now in the TV show. I hope it's him.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #22
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Great start to the second half of the season. I was ready to quit watching after the fall. Now I'm just hoping that they keep the momentum rolling!

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0