BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 1 Series to be First BMW With Side Mirror Indicator Lights

02-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #23
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
From a design perspective it seems perhaps a bit "me too" for BMW to be moving to side mirror indicators.

However, from a practical standpoint, I've always found such indicators to be highly visible in real-world driving - sometimes a good idea is just a good idea.
Yes, BMW is in the "me too" mindset. The gen public likes these so they add them. Also it is a cheap way to claim they are being safety conscious.

If they truely "cared" though, the head and taillights would be LED too on all their cars - because as Infiniti's commercial claims, and which is a sound argument - the faster illumination increases reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #24
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunkung View Post
Farkkkk NOOOO!!! Plzzz NOOO!!!!

If they are really goin to be side mirror indicator lights for the real production car, I WILL CONSIDER MYSELF TO STOP BUYING ANYMORE BMW!!!!

I just hate it that MUCH!!!!
Good point. This is no doubt about it the most important factor when buying a car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #25
syeterian
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2009 320i LCI

as well as the the F30-3 series

check out the spy photos of new 3 series, they've included mirror blinkers too on them

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484099
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #26
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
It's pretty amazing the level of panic this has generated in some people.

And "no longer a BMW?" Huh?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coni View Post
Am I the only one who honestly doesn't care?

The responses in this thread are about equal to that of the announcement of the return of the Bubonic Plague, plus Sarah Palin being elected to President, and learning that Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 won the Oscar's Best Motion Picture.

Calm the $%#@ down! Wow, it's a flashing light on the side mirrors. In one year you won't even notice that it's there, and you can be back to moaning about how you will never buy another BMW again because they are introducing a NA engine back into the lineup or something.
Agree completely
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #28
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Haha!
Blinkers on Mirrors: Mercedes invented it, Audi copied and now very late BMW.
LED strippes: Audi invented it (inspired by BMW corona rings), Mercedes copied and now very late BMW.

No, but it is true its is the EU legislative, that demands day-running lights, big side-view mirros surface, blinkers on a higher level, inside locking button for doors and so on.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #29
zephyr
Germany
Rep
Drives: you mad

Well, love them or hate them, they are already a reality! A friend of mine, who is working in the development department of BMW, has already seen the 1-series several times stripped (without camouflage) and he told me that the blinkers are indeed integrated in mirrors. The good news are, that according to him, they look very good, though! We'll see soon! Be aware also of some other interesting , and probably for some of you shocking details which are going to pop up, if they reveal some more camouflage in the coming months.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #30
Kg810
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .:R32

I don't mind the indicator lights.

Bring this to NA please!!! At least bring it to Canada!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #31
jbasedow30
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '09 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
Well, love them or hate them, they are already a reality! A friend of mine, who is working in the development department of BMW, has already seen the 1-series several times stripped (without camouflage) and he told me that the blinkers are indeed integrated in mirrors. The good news are, that according to him, they look very good, though! We'll see soon! Be aware also of some other interesting , and probably for some of you shocking details which are going to pop up, if they reveal some more camouflage in the coming months.

So are they also going to be removed from the fender?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #32
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

The good news is there will always be modding companies out there wanting our $ for stupid replacement parts like these.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #33
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinan_sleiman2006 View Post
So stupid to put this on a bmw!!!!!Are they nuts?
MB, AUDI\VW went first, then came even more copy cats.... Toyota, now BMW late to the party. Its sort of like the AUDI LEDs that everyone in the car industry is copying now. Just no real identity to cars anymore when you consider all the massive parts sharing going on these days. Transmissions even Engines shared by a whole swath of brands. It all started with re-badging.