BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW model codes list confirms M5 AWD, M2 Competition, M4 CS, X3M, X4M, Z4, 8 Series

02-28-2017, 10:37 PM   #45
Puneet///M3
09 ///M3
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 E92, M5CS,

BMW 8 series???

Hmm that would be something to look forward too.
And I really hope i get my hands on that M2 GTS
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #46
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
This thread is like a conversation of amateur bird watchers trying to identify a bird by its droppings.

1. Most models get both MECH and AUT typcodes - this means NOTHING.
2. Every new version of this file adds typcodes, but also deletes typcodes. The fact that you see something in just a single version of the file means NOTHING.
3. In many cases in the past, a model would show up in this file, then prototypes would start driving on the roads, then some of them would even be shipped to Woodcliff Lake for final eval - and then the market would get NOTHING.

(This is my only contribution to this thread. Please don't ask questions - I've just said everything I have to say on this.)
Hehehehe. This is a f***ing fantastic and informative post. You don't need to say another word!

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:40 PM   #47
KELVIN7
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes AMG C63S

Garage List
X3 M? lol,

B58 Engine plus M Pkg?
BMW F30 335i M Performance Edition
BMW E92 335is
BMW E92 328i
Lancer Evolution X MR
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #48
Appeltje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 F82

Does anyone know when the M4 CS will go in production, costs and available for the US market? I'm still undecided...Porsche 911 Carrera S or the M4 CS when available
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #49
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
This thread is like a conversation of amateur bird watchers trying to identify a bird by its droppings.

2. Every new version of this file adds typcodes, but also deletes typcodes. The fact that you see something in just a single version of the file means NOTHING.
3. In many cases in the past, a model would show up in this file, then prototypes would start driving on the roads, then some of them would even be shipped to Woodcliff Lake for final eval - and then the market would get NOTHING.

(This is my only contribution to this thread. Please don't ask questions - I've just said everything I have to say on this.)
Well, some birds know more than others...

So thanks for the info.
      03-01-2017, 02:50 AM   #50
rypik@BW
Rep
Drives: S65/S85

Quote:

My few words on that. Using your perception, your post value is NOTHING.
Some amateurs bird watchers or rather amateur ornithologists can easily tell what kind of bird did the dropping ... consistency, smell, size and colour. It all vary but it all can lead to some conclusions.

If you wanted to be informative, you should have posted 12 versions of file i have uploaded , use grep tool to see that your statements are not necesarilly true about adding and deletion of production codes. It would have taken you less time than writing your very informative reply.
Or if you are patient guy, you could have manually counted up cars which are there and in fact weren't mass produced. That would be a solid fact, wouldn't it ?

Someone at HQ is adding those codes because of weather, mood or day of the week ?
Do you know who and why is adding these codes ? If yes, feel free to inform.

Again, you should have informed everyone around what is this file used for, what is its origin, etc. or just do not reply without adding any kind of value to this thread.

Wanted to be pro, so act like a pro. Dragonflies are beautiful but easy to be knocked off. ;-)

TLDR; it's better to predict basing on this than on rumours that have no solid background. that is reason behind my uploading this for the community. If i did wrong thing, i wouldn't upload anything else, what for ? Thought reasons for existence of bimmerpost is solid discussion place...

Only death, taxes and HPFP failures are things that we can be 100% sure of, right ?

One thing that everyone around might be completely sure of is fact that if a model do not exist there (list) it's not in late/final stage of development.

Really no offence sir, i'm not trying to insult you in any way, just wanted to be very clear of initial purpose of upping it, because your reply might confuse or undermine reason for this thread to exist.

Cheers

Last edited by rypik@BW; 03-01-2017 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 3
      03-01-2017, 05:05 AM   #51
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
So if I read it correctly. The f90 M5 will be automatic only and xdrive only?

Yay for the xdrive, huge nay on the auto.
Guess I'm not surprised if manual is gone for the F90 M5 since in a recent interview it was said manual selection for M5 and M6 is down to almost zero, whereas it was a healthy 20% in M2.

Last edited by Phatcat; 03-01-2017 at 05:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
Bosozoku693.50
      03-01-2017, 06:42 AM   #52
4BMWGarage
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

No one else noticed that the F40 (1er FWD), G02 (X4) - including F98 (X4 M), G05 (X5), G07 (X7), G20 (3er sedan), G21 (3er touring), G28 (3er long), G29 (Z4), G38 (5er long) and the I15 (i8 Roadster) are also listed ?!
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #53
BMWFanatic2008
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELVIN7 View Post
X3 M? lol,

B58 Engine plus M Pkg?
Similar to M2 which has non-M engine. Looking forward to 2018 M2 CS with a proper M engine.
squeaky118.00
      03-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #54
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanatic2008 View Post
Similar to M2 which has non-M engine. Looking forward to 2018 M2 CS with a proper M engine.
Why wouldnt it have the S55 from the M3/M4 as its a 3 series base.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #55
rypik@BW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Why wouldnt it have the S55 from the M3/M4 as its a 3 series base.
Margin wouldn't be enough for BMW board ;-) S55 engine including more S55 only auxilliaries probably cost few bucks more than N55. May come closer to M4 price. Plus extra budget spend on all evals. Simple from an enthusiast pov change may generate huge costs. And all in all, it's business. Powerpoint and Excel that is what is really important!!!

As always, if reason is unclear then reason is money. Different products have different margin, rule that is valid for every automotive brand (excluding Tata motors probably). If you had a chance to sell the same candy in different box.

If that's not what you accept, move to Porsche. RS-range engine differs a lot from regular ones. That makes feel better a lot of ppl, right ? ;-)

Last edited by rypik@BW; 03-01-2017 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #56
stren
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypik@BW View Post
Margin wouldn't be enough for BMW board ;-) S55 engine including more S55 only auxilliaries probably cost few bucks more than N55. May come closer to M4 price. Plus extra budget spend on all evals. Simple from an enthusiast pov change may generate huge costs. And all in all, it's business. Powerpoint and Excel that is what is really important!!!

As always, if reason is unclear then reason is money. Different products have different margin, rule that is valid for every automotive brand (excluding Tata motors probably). If you had a chance to sell the same candy in different box.

If that's not what you accept, move to Porsche. RS-range engine differs a lot from regular ones. That makes feel better a lot of ppl, right ? ;-)
The X5M got the S63 and not the N63. Rumors were of the S55, plus with all the talk of the M2 competition with a detuned S55 maybe it'll get the same detuned S55. I don't see a reason to bother detuning though, they can charge what they like and unlike the M2 with an S55 it's no threat to M4 ring times. Plus I don't think the X3M would be fast enough in a straight line with the N55 from the M2.

Sadly no 6mt listed. X3M with a 6MT would be the perfect fun fast hauler seeing as the 3er wagons are limited to the n48 engine and caddy no longer make the cts-v wagon.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #57
rypik@BW
Rep

Imo regarding X3/X4M Real question is what Audi/Benz model will it compete with. Look at tfsi SQ5 version. B58 in refreshed tweaked a bit release might be sufficient. Whether would it have S designation or not, thats totally different question thou. Or another question, which i do not know answer to, which BMW engine is nów developed as a base for future M perf cars... N55 - not. B58 - with TU maybe, maybe not. Maybe someone else have more details on engine development.

Last edited by rypik@BW; 03-01-2017 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #58
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
If you wanted to be informative, you should have posted 12 versions of file i have uploaded , use grep tool to see that your statements are not necesarilly true about adding and deletion of production codes. It would have taken you less time than writing your very informative reply.
Or if you are patient guy, you could have manually counted up cars which are there and in fact weren't mass produced. That would be a solid fact, wouldn't it ?

Someone at HQ is adding those codes because of weather, mood or day of the week ?

I'm sure ynguldyn's reply wasn't directed towards you for posting the file. The whole MECH and AUT debate is extremely silly since anyone should've figured out within 30 seconds of looking at the data that it doesn't really anything.

As I understand you just discovered the source, but I can tell you that some knew about it for over 4 years and analyzed it for that long. There is also a good reason why it wasn't just dumped on the internet. You'll see why when you get the latest version of said file.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #59
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stren View Post
The X5M got the S63 and not the N63. Rumors were of the S55, plus with all the talk of the M2 competition with a detuned S55 maybe it'll get the same detuned S55. I don't see a reason to bother detuning though, they can charge what they like and unlike the M2 with an S55 it's no threat to M4 ring times. Plus I don't think the X3M would be fast enough in a straight line with the N55 from the M2.

Sadly no 6mt listed. X3M with a 6MT would be the perfect fun fast hauler seeing as the 3er wagons are limited to the n48 engine and caddy no longer make the cts-v wagon.
I mean I would expect the X3M to cost as much if not more than an M3. Thats the way the X5M is..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #60
5against8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80. 3 pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius16 View Post
No one else noticed that the F40 (1er FWD), G02 (X4) - including F98 (X4 M), G05 (X5), G07 (X7), G20 (3er sedan), G21 (3er touring), G28 (3er long), G29 (Z4), G38 (5er long) and the I15 (i8 Roadster) are also listed ?!
I'm not seeing G02, G05, G07 or F98.. are there different versions floating around?
      03-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #61
5against8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80. 3 pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5against8 View Post
I'm not seeing G02, G05, G07 or F98.. are there different versions floating around?
Nvm, looks like there are, I'm now seeing the one you guys are looking at.
      03-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #62
rypik@BW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
I'm sure ynguldyn's reply wasn't directed towards you for posting the file. The whole MECH and AUT debate is extremely silly since anyone should've figured out within 30 seconds of looking at the data that it doesn't really anything.

As I understand you just discovered the source, but I can tell you that some knew about it for over 4 years and analyzed it for that long. There is also a good reason why it wasn't just dumped on the internet. You'll see why when you get the latest version of said file.
Honestly i wasn't paying much attn to it for years. If you check, i just wanted to let know (other thread) that two cars are close and indeed coming to Market
Maybe i should have delete rest, but did not think about circumstances like debate about MECH/AUT which indeed is not clear to non-related to it's origin people.
Anyway it is nice to see discussion on upcoming (more or less) pipeline in general, isnt't it?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #63
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Nothing wrong with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There is going to be an all new 6er. Just different from today's car ie no longer a luxury GT but close to the tradition of BMW Coupes like the E9 and original 6er.

Other models lined up is an X Coupe (think 3dr X2 in outline)
And a City SUV/Crossover below the X1.
Happy days. Fun is back.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #64
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There is going to be an all new 6er. Just different from today's car ie no longer a luxury GT but close to the tradition of BMW Coupes like the E9 and original 6er.

Other models lined up is an X Coupe (think 3dr X2 in outline)
And a City SUV/Crossover below the X1.
How will it be different to the M4 then? V8?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #65
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Exactly!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 01:22 PM   #66
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Quote:

Some amateurs bird watchers or rather amateur ornithologists can easily tell what kind of bird did the dropping ... consistency, smell, size and colour. It all vary but it all can lead to some conclusions.

Again, you should have informed everyone around what is this file used for, what is its origin, etc. or just do not reply without adding any kind of value to this thread.

Wanted to be pro, so act like a pro. Dragonflies are beautiful but easy to be knocked off. ;-)

TLDR; it's better to predict basing on this than on rumours that have no solid background. that is reason behind my uploading this for the community. If i did wrong thing, i wouldn't upload anything else, what for ? Thought reasons for existence of bimmerpost is solid discussion place...

Only death, taxes and HPFP failures are things that we can be 100% sure of, right ?

One thing that everyone around might be completely sure of is fact that if a model do not exist there (list) it's not in late/final stage of development.

Really no offence sir, i'm not trying to insult you in any way, just wanted to be very clear of initial purpose of upping it, because your reply might confuse or undermine reason for this thread to exist.

Cheers
Add LPFP failures too to that list...(ahem got mine fixed yesterday lol).

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0