BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Windows misting up

08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
daviep.sco
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 2.0d SE

Windows misting up

Hi all

Quick question has anyone with the manual fans / airconditionig had any problems with the windows misting up?

I know that you need to set it to windows etc to get them to de-mist but mine seem to take ages to demist in the morning when it has been damp, and it never seems to get get the back clear.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Best solution is to just use the Aircon. turn it on full temp and full fan. It will clear the windows fast.
The demister function on most cars does not use the aircon. It is simply a fan boost with an electric heating element that changes over to the heat exchanger as the temperature rises, this takes a fair time to generate the heat required to demist, but is less draining than the Aircon is on a cold engine.
Your Aircon works fast because the dehydrating ability of it will dry out the air and clear the windows much more quickly even when cold.
Appreciate 0