BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Sport and Sport modes

01-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Occean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1 series

Sport and Sport modes

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Are these the same with the exception of ADC?

If so seems strange sine you can toggle ADC in any mode anyways...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

I'm not familiar with term ADC but my understanding is that with sport+ the car allows for some wheelspin and some sliding. So that you can drive agressive/active like doing an optimal start from zero with a little bit of wheelspin and also push the rear-end out for a little bit when you exit a corner but still maintain the safety-aspect of having the anti-slide/stabilitycontrol kicking in incase you step too hard on the accelerator and risc spinning out of control.

sport+ is sort of a mode for having fun but still maintain a bit of safety whereas in sport-mode the safety-systems kick in instantly not allowing anything?!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

first of all; sorry if I'm not really responding to your question regarding ADC, but thought I'd share a few impressions I got while I've been trying out the sport and sport+ options real quick. The sport-mode do not allow wheelspin or powersliding at all, no suprise. BUT, the sport+ is just...weird.

it allows for alot of wheelspin and powersliding, but it felt as if it does kick in a little bit when you are really pushing it, but it kicks in so late that there is no point. When provoking a spin-out-of-control turn, it felt like the system started messing about by the time the car was going totally sideways and the time for correction/straightening the car up was passed already.

Need some further testing to be sure
Appreciate 0