BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Dealer discounts.....

01-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
fretless6
Rep
Drives: Saab 9-3

Dealer discounts.....

Hello all ! Newbie here !

Just wondering what sort of discounts people have been experiencing at dealerships/importers in their F20 purchases - ballpark figure of about 10% ??

My past two cars were diesels but I actually fancy going back to petrol - so 118i or 125i appeal at present. Should go for a test drive soon I guess (118i only at the moment). Hoping to order March/April time......

Going to Geneva motor show in March so hope to sit in an F20 M-sport of some kind.....

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
railbob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Next Stop F30 320i

Fretless6,
I don't think many dealers are giving or in a position to give discounts on the F20 as there is quite a high demand for the new car,you just need to look at the lead times for delivery to confirm that, and BMW themselves are trying to keep the car a "premium" model ,at least for the next year.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
me11ada
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series F20 118D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless6 View Post
Hello all ! Newbie here !

Just wondering what sort of discounts people have been experiencing at dealerships/importers in their F20 purchases - ballpark figure of about 10% ??

My past two cars were diesels but I actually fancy going back to petrol - so 118i or 125i appeal at present. Should go for a test drive soon I guess (118i only at the moment). Hoping to order March/April time......

Going to Geneva motor show in March so hope to sit in an F20 M-sport of some kind.....

Cheers
Hi there,

I do agree with railrob above to an extent, but I got a fantastic deal on mine - it worked out to about 15% BUT agree that the model it is being kept at a premium and delivery times are going up, I bought mine before christmas and may have just caught them in a good festive mood or slow week of sales not sure but was part-exchanging and they may have seen me as a future potential customer (guessing) as this was my first BMW and I do a lot of miles/year so have change the car every 2-3years minimum.

Hope that helps, I've also found different quality of service offered at different BMW dealerships - i'm the type of person who would is brand loyal so it's a big change (old car was vw) and would rather buy from someone who delivers good customer service even if that meant going a little further (this happened with my last car). I can't speak highly enough of it.

Anyway going off the point, i'm sure there are deals to be done.....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
FirstBMW@24
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118i

I got around 8% off RRP which "apparently" is unusual for a car on sale for only 4 weeks and huge demand. Guess spending 56k helped. It was 61k before negotiation.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
eezzee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F20

I had a couple of options included at no extra cost.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
smub99
Rep
Drives: Peugeot

Hi all,

sorry to open up such an old post but wanted to get an updated idea of the sorts of discounts dealers are offering on the F20 now on a PCP deal. This will be my first BMW, so wanted to get an idea of what to aim for without making a fool of myself? IS 10-12% achievable? I am looking at a 114i 5dr Sport with options coming in at £21990.

With regards to when I am more likely to get a good deal in Q1 of this year, would the dealers be more accommodating mid march?

Finally it seems that their online congifurator has removed the finance deals that used to be there. Does anyone have an idea of how to get a GFV without going into the dealership? I was hoping to use some of PCP calculators out there before negotiating with the dealers.

Sorry for the ton of Qs!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
matthewcornish
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

I don't know about now but be mindful that (in August 2012 for me) the online configuration also kinda missed off details like the cost of delivery and super-guard treatment (if you want that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smub99 View Post
Finally it seems that their online congifurator has removed the finance deals that used to be there. Does anyone have an idea of how to get a GFV without going into the dealership? I was hoping to use some of PCP calculators out there before negotiating with the dealers.
I would speak with the dealers. It's the only way you're going to know for sure how good a deal you might be able to get. And in my personal experience those deals get even better once you're sat in the showroom with the intention of walking away having ordered a new car.
Quote:
IS 10-12% achievable?
Yes but you want to approach it not from a "I want X% off the final price" but from a "I want to only pay £X per month" angle.

I wanted to pay no more than £300/month on mine. First figure they gave me when I went in to actually buy the car was £365/month. In the end I walked out having agreed to £300/month maybe wishing I'd gone lower but who doesn't... I'm happy regardless

Last edited by matthewcornish; 02-04-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
smub99
Rep

Yes but you want to approach it not from a "I want X% off the final price" but from a "I want to only pay £X per month" angle.

I wanted to pay no more than £300/month on mine. First figure they gave me when I went in to actually buy the car was £365/month. In the end I walked out having agreed to £300/month maybe wishing I'd gone lower but who doesn't... I'm happy regardless [/QUOTE]

That was the sort of angle I was hoping to take it from. On their online finance examples they are including a £1900 deposit contribution, which seems very high to me. Can anyone confirm this is what they are currently offering at the moment?

Also are PCP deals available on relatively new used cars - say 1-2 years old?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
My advice mate would be to go online to the likes of broadspeed. Build your car with the exact spec you want and then get that quote emailed from them. They are basically a middle man that then put you on to a bmw dealership with there quote.

Once you have there quote take it yourself to your local dealer, dont mention your other quote. Get them to give you there best price/deal and then go from there with your online quote.

This seems to be the way to do it now, certainly for me i did get a decent deal just because i was an existing customer but could of pushed harder for more options/extras had a been armed with an online quote.

Ill be using this approach come time too change!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #10
smub99
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
My advice mate would be to go online to the likes of broadspeed. Build your car with the exact spec you want and then get that quote emailed from them. They are basically a middle man that then put you on to a bmw dealership with there quote.
Ye ive had a look at broad speed, and think i Have an idea of what sort of price to try and aim for. Some of the dealers in my area are offering pretty heft deposit contributions according to their website - one site quoted over £3k. Will need to find out how accurate this is.

What I am wondering is if a dealer offers me a decent deal, can u stall them in some way to see if another dealer can beat it?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #11
matthewcornish
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
What I am wondering is if a dealer offers me a decent deal, can u stall them in some way to see if another dealer can beat it?
If they offer a deal you don't want to take there and then just ask them if you can sleep on it. Other than saying no... if it's actually a really good deal they may try getting you to put the deposit down and honour a refund if the next morning you want to change your mind.