BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What's with BMW haters?

10-06-2016, 06:10 PM   #67
angelr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 aw/ir m coupe, 2013 S4

excellent policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
I hate everybody no matter what car they drive
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #68
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananas View Post
What income constitutes "middle class" now a days. I feel like my household income is slightly higher than the middle class demographic yet living in NJ I feel pretty Middle Class.
Interesting question

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/28/op...dle-class.html

Household income - $250k - house worth $2mm = Middle class according to her (bay area so got in before tech money)

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...e-class-2015-2

When I was young, I thought doctor equates to making bank, driving Ferraris, and living in mansions on a hill. Now that I am older, I see things a bit differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
BMW's are basically glorified Toyotas, I don't see anything about them to hate on. Get a real car like a Honda Accord.
Honda Accord is for old white people or old asians.

Get something that is thrilling like a Corolla.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyot...-drive-review/

"this boring compact will thrill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
BMWs are largely for people that enjoy ACTUALLY DRIVING cars. I have said it before in other threads...I can jump in my i8 and drive it 1000 miles without batting an eye. Same thing with the M6 to a lesser extent.

Like most brands, we represent the fringe element of BMW. Our behavior is anomalous. Sadly, 95% of the people that own the German marques will never drive them to the potential of the capabilities.
Not sure why you responded to my post... haha

I remember being in a friends base model 3 series years ago going pretty fast around corners thinking that for a base model car, it really is an enjoyable car.
Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      10-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #69
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
I hate everybody no matter what car they drive
hahahahaha

"Get the fuck off my road!!!"

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #70
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

just got 2 words

KIM Kardashian

just like drivin' a BMW when you gotta hate you gotta hate I still don't understand it (the BMW bit or the KK bit) both are SIC !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK64 View Post
I'm new to this board and this is my second BMW. First was an '08 335i and it took a while in that car to realize that people treat you different when you're driving a BMW. How so? Well, in that car (and for absolutely no reason whatsoever) some dude in a p/u decided to decorate the front of my car with spit as I was following him on the road. I was not tailgating by any means. But, that was years ago and I thought it was an isolated incident.

Well, today another Einstein in another p/u decided to "express his intelligence" as I passed him. I was dumbfounded. I had done absolutely nothing that I could think of to justify his verbal onslaught. At first, I thought he wasn't even talking to me, but he passed by as I turned at a light and let a few more choice words fly.

I couldn't help but think "Is this guy jealous? Is there a BMW driver stereotype I'm missing? What drives a random person to be a jackwagon to someone just for the car they're driving?"

In any event, I ignored the clown and went on my way.

Ironically, the last vehicle I had was a truck and I would bet quite a sum of money that he had no idea that I carry...

Oh well. I suppose some people feel the need to make a public demonstration of their ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #71
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

BMW, Porsche, Audi, yeah, all up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
BMW drivers are often believed to be stuck-up, ass-shat who think they are the best drivers in the world because of their "Ultimate Driving Machine". No one really knows why people believes this, but no one really cares about origin these days. If somebody berates BMW drivers because of BMW, others will do so to fit in.

BMWs are also nice cars. People usually want nice things. Not everyone can afford nice things. Hence, the jealousy factor plays a roll as well.

Don't let it get to your head.

Appreciate 1
Aatish3461.00
      10-08-2016, 10:29 PM   #72
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Laters haters!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #73
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
I've noticed that a lot of new truck guys are a holes when they're around sporty cars. Maybe they want to prove they're fast too?

Have you noticed how minivan drivers try to keep up with your fun car, but rarely bother when you're in a normal car like a Camry (unless you punch it)?

I'm sure there's some psychological reason behind this.
I will also get stupid V6 Camry drivers or in one specific case, a Tundra trying to show me how "super fast" his truck is. I assume most Cadillacs, Mercedes, Audi's etc get targeted just as much as we do.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #74
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
I assume most Cadillacs, Mercedes, Audi's etc get targeted just as much as we do.
+1.

Whenever I drive my wife's CTS everyone wants to run me, probably thinking its a V lol. But yeah in the 335 I get at least two drivers per day running up my ass or trying to race me. I pay them no mind and continue with my business.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #75
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
yeah, the guy driving looks like a d*ck.

oh wait:

Best quote ever
Appreciate 0