BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Finance Question

08-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #45
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

There's an actual place called Big O Tires??
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #46
Pidipompi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Do you get more chicks in college if you drive a BMW? I mean I drove a Volkswagen and I still got laid.
They don't know the difference between a Toyota and BMW
Appreciate 1
wdb4695.50
      08-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #47
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
There's an actual place called Big O Tires??
If you're being serious, yes.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #48
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Do you get more chicks in college if you drive a BMW? I mean I drove a Volkswagen and I still got laid.
Drive a solid white panel van with 5% tinted front windows if you want some real action.
Appreciate 1
Delta03117477.50
      08-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #49
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Drive a solid white panel van with 5% tinted front windows if you want some real action.
And let all your lady passengers know:
If rape is inevitable; AND IT IS!!! Try and enjoy yourself.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #50
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
"Please enjoy the ride at all times and do not stick your hands or feet out the windows for safety purposes. Thanks, and fasten your seatbelts!"
Appreciate 1
Delta03117477.50
      08-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #51
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Sorry, van is being used in ban thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #52
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
The "implication".

And , this thread is such a train wreck.
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #53
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Definitely try and pay it off as soon as possible. Many of these "credit cards" through companies like this will jack up the interest in a few months or have hidden fees you don't find out about until after. That is how they make money, because there has to be something in it for them if they are offering you these services.

Building credit is definitely a good thing, but it has to be manageable. My GF has a bunch of debt on a few different cards because she forgets which one is which and can't keep track of them. This is how people get into trouble. Find one card that offers rewards you like and use it often, but always pay the balance in full or close to full every month. I use my card for gas, food, online purchases, etc, but always pay it off in full. It is a great way to both monitor spending and build credit in a manageable way.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #54
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

These finance companies make money from the retailers. I had a friend who used to manage an A/V boutique store. So I got to see all the inner workings of how business is done to include seeing what they pay for equipment before marking it up to the customer. They had in house financing to facilitate people to buy now if they didn't have the funds to buy out right and pay it back later with the zero cash/zero percent finance if paid off in x number of months. I took advantage of this program a few times. Never had a problem with any hidden fees. As long as you pay it off before the promo end date, you're fine. The statements you get will show you what the interest rate is, the accumulating interest which you'll be on the hook for if you don't pay in full at the end of the promo, and when the promo ends. Just have to be diligent in making sure not to miss that expiration date.

While many poo poo using these types of programs, as long as you know full well what you're getting in to, and make sure you don't fall into the trap, I see no reason not to use someone else's money for free. Reminds me of the other group that says credit cards are evil. Pay cash for everything. Yes credit cards can get you into trouble. But as long as you keep track of spending and pay off in full, I don't see a problem there either. The pay cash for everything crowd neglects the benefits and protections offered by credit cards. I use credit cards for most everything I buy because of the cash back I get along with the buyer's protection in the form of extending warranties and loss/theft protection.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #55
OlBloo
Where to next........
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Pidipompi,

These guys are giving you some very valuable advice. I advise you take it.

Often the advice you don't want to hear is the best you are going to get. Life lesson

Sell the car for something more economical. If you are like the rest of America then you are going to be complaining about you 50k college loans. Start paying them off now and enjoy the college experience. College is the worst time to be making car repairs/mods

Get a CC and treat it like a debit card. Pay it off full before the due date and you'll raise your credit score while paying no interest.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #56
Pidipompi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBloo View Post
Pidipompi,

These guys are giving you some very valuable advice. I advise you take it.

Often the advice you don't want to hear is the best you are going to get. Life lesson

Sell the car for something more economical. If you are like the rest of America then you are going to be complaining about you 50k college loans. Start paying them off now and enjoy the college experience. College is the worst time to be making car repairs/mods

Get a CC and treat it like a debit card. Pay it off full before the due date and you'll raise your credit score while paying no interest.
Yes I am taking in their advice quite well, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #57
3rdcoast228i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidipompi View Post
I'm currently still paying off my BMW. (It's hard being a college student, having a job, and now it's gonna be real harder to deal with you)

Didn't say I was buying tires.

But if you are gonna assume it's gonna make an ASS(of)U(and)ME

Was supposed to get my pads replaced since
they had a groupon for $85 but it didn't go as planned.

Had my brake pads and rotors replaced with the brake fluid flushed which cost $600 (6months no interest)
My lower control arms need to be fix and was qouted $1400, didn't have the money so I applied for a credit card and was approved for $700 (which I used for the $600 repair)

I don't plan to make another purchase with the card until I'm done paying the $600.

So all i'm asking is that can I use the same card for a different purchase. He said it was a Citi Bank credit card.

Still scratching?
Sounds like you can use the card elsewhere, find out if it's a visa, master card, ect...

The simple answer is to use the the card only in case of emergencies. The 0% interest will only last for that 6 months. After that the rate will skyrocket to probably 20% or more depending on credit. I'm assuming you don't have long term credit established.

You also don't want to max the card out, as that can actually hurt your credit. Minimum payment will not pay the card off either.

Do yourself a favor and don't take these other commitments personally. They are trying to communicate the fact you should not be using a credit card unless it's an emergency or plan to pay it off in full at the end of the month.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #58
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

OP, walk take that BMW over to the nearest VW dealership and get yourself a nice GTI.
Appreciate 0