BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Work issues (how to approach boss) input needed

08-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #23
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

Yeah every company has a "Jackie" who somehow makes more money but does nothing. Politics is a no win game.

Bring up to your manager, "When is my next employee review" and see what his response is.

If they do like your work ethic, they will offer you a raise rather than having to deal with finding a new employee.

Squeaky wheel get the grease, but a broken wheel get replaced.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #24
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
A "mom and pop" operation has a no-compete clause in your contract? Sounds very odd.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #25
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I feel you... No matter which industry you work in, there will always be its bullshit, whether it's a coworker, environment, management, or otherwise.

I've been a Pharm Tech too (long story), and I do have to give respect where it's due; I can't remember all the fucking names; I pissed that diploma away after only 1.5 years and decided to go back into IT since the .com bubble burst seemed to be under control and tech jobs were making a comeback.

However, unless you grow a vagina overnight, can pass as a hot chick and can pop that like a queen, there's nothing you can do to overcome this barrier... If it's brought up to upper management, they can easily fire the expendable tech that I learned the hard way is a dime a dozen, rather than their business partner or owner.

If you're at the top of the totem pole pay-wise, it may be a bit tough, but most of the times switching jobs could tip the scales in your favor, especially since to be harsh, Pharm Tech is pretty dead-end unless you're in a hospital (but I saw your other comment about immuno-suppression). Fuck it, I've hopped jobs a bunch of times, learned a shitload in every new job I've gotten being a temp and worked my way up; I'd be stuck at $11/hour to this day if I didn't try to advance myself.

I would suggest being a Pharmacist, but that's more rote memorization on top of trade/generics; you got lives in your hands and you have to know which meds the person is taking and make sure they don't clash with each other, plus there's all that student loan debt and malpractice insurance you have to account for... I know a few doctors, and unless they have a few years in the field and their student loans are paid off, they're hardly getting by. One guy still drives the Civic he graduated university with and half the times I feel bad going Dutch knowing that I have multiple 4 figures in the bank and he's obviously just scraping by (even though this is more of a rainy-day fund; I have yet to crawl out of debt), so lunch is always my treat to him.

Also even though you have a wealth of clients, especially since people aren't going to stop getting sick, growing old/frail or injuring themselves, social medicine and ACA fucked up the entire industry and most mom-and-pop places are under-funded, and the chains are hellholes that treat their techs like yesterday's horse shit... I had a buddy who was a tech for CVS who was also spoon-fed bullshit by the tons.

However, it's nigh impossible to find, but my internship was at a compounding pharmacy where I was under a LAH all day making IV's and TPN's, and there are closed-door pharmacies where they send meds to SNFs and certain clinics, that way you're not in a hospital. Also, if you can find another industry you're happy with, by all means.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13346.00
      08-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #26
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Don't be bitter. Leave it alone, it's not any of your business. Focus on your pitch for more money and why you deserve it and how much you benefit the company and how hard you work.

Next up, go back to school. Apply! Pharmacists make great money! How else can One make $150k+ at Safeway or Walmart
Pharmacy school is 4 years. Transplanted heart only lasts 7-9 years.
Doctors told me 3 years. It has now been 12. Always look on the bright side of life. With the Swiss now 3D printing hearts you never know if your next transplant will be for life.

The most powerful moment is the here and now. Don't cut your life short and get yourself into pharma school.
Appreciate 0