BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > ESS E-Tronic

12-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

ESS E-Tronic

Hi everyone

I asked Asbjorn from ESS a few questions about their new E-Tronic - here are his answers:

Me:
Hi. I have a Pure Stage 1 turbo for my M135i. Can your controller make use of this, e.g. be adjusted to deliver 13psi @ 4000 and 10psi @ 7000rpm?
Asbjorn:
Hi, We can tweak it to the maximum capacity of the oem software. The upgraded turbo will help make more power vs a stock turbo with this setup.

Me:
What is the capacity of the oem software? I would like some numbers.
Asbjorn:
I would say you can make around 375-380hp.

Me:
Hp figures are not that relevant to me. What psi levels are we talking about? Max psi and psi 7000rpm?
Asbjorn:
~15 max and around 11 7000 RPM.

Me:
This sound promising. And this all with a good AFR ~12,5 @ 7000rpm? I am living in China which probably don’t have the best fuel quality, we do have “97” (93 RON) but who knows what it really is..? Can the boost be regulated down if the ~15psi max shows to be too aggressive?
Asbjorn:
Yes, we can tweak the calibration.

Me:
Sound good. Does that require me to send the unit back to you or can I do this with your guidance? I will be using the Torque App to log and evaluate how the car is running.
Asbjorn:
The latest version of E-Tronic allows you to do that yourself.

Sound very interesting to me. What do you think?
      12-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Usually max performance is related also to the quality of fuel. But I'd go for this upgrade!
Appreciate 0