BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > [VIDEO] First electric vehicle from BMW

03-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #23
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
The i3 is an amazing car, I test drove it and I loved it! It made all the other brand new BMW's in the lot look like antiquated antiques. It just does not look like the i8 unfortunately, it has the same design language but it still looks like a econo-box, the designers could and should have done better I feel.
I ended up finding it on Netflix, but thank you. It was a good watch as well. My better half keeps telling me its time for the e46 to go but its paid for and I really want my next vehicle to be electric. I've even researched some e46 electric conversions, but I wouldn't have any way to finance such a project. Yes, the i3 is quite a departure from the i8, but I'm just not sure how else BMW could have built/designed it and still made it profitable. They didn't want to make an electric 3er (at that point) because they wanted to create a car that was "born electric." Hopefully we'll see lighter (and electrified) core models before too long. I've also been poking around looking at used i3's, there is some savings there but still none loaded up like I would want.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:43 PM   #24
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
"56k death"

Does anyone even know what that means anymore, let alone actually still uses a 56k connection?
I was in El Progreso, Honduras a little while back... I had a T1 connection When I see these commercials on TV for Hughes Net or w/e it's called showing farmers wanting satellite internet because they couldn't get anything but 56k otherwise, I remember thinking "Shit, you live on a farm, in America, and still only have dial-up? You might as well just turn Amish."

///Mikey

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 0